-
Junior Member
registered user
Wrong ISO dimension
I've tried to make my knoppix remaster as described in KnoppixRemasteringHowto document.
All works fine for me except the dimension of the final ISO. It's always greater than I expected.
So I've decided to make an experiment: remaster knoppix... without remastering !
Well, I mean: I've repeated all the step described in KnoppixRemasteringHowto document except that I've removed/added absolutely nothing.
I've said: now the remaster ISO will be (obviously) of the same dimension of the original...
NO !!!!
KNOPPIX_V3.3-2004-02-16-EN.iso = 699.9 MB = 733.928.848 bytes
My remaster = 703,4 MB
What's wrong ?!?
-
Senior Member
registered user
It should be somewhere in the docs..
Mr. Knopper uptimizes his version so the files are more optionaly distributed and thus take less space. It's ussualy too much work for remasterer to follow that technique...
Search old postings for that link to mailing list message..
-
Junior Member
registered user
yes, I found it.
Thanks !
Similar Threads
-
By hj.geiss in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-19-2005, 04:48 PM
-
By ngs in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-28-2005, 04:43 PM
-
By ovunque in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-21-2004, 06:10 PM
-
By level in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-03-2004, 08:39 AM
-
By H-Makro in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-14-2003, 08:04 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)
$399.95

Dell PowerEdge R730 8 Bay Server 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 3x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU Proxmox
$620.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$484.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

DELL POWEREDGE R640 8SFF 2x 8 CORE SILVER 4208 2.1GHZ 32GB RAM H740P NO HDD
$565.00

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95