Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: All file-open dialogs show maximized and no longer works??

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    111

    All file-open dialogs show maximized and no longer works??

    Question: How to reset all "Store windows Setting". Where is this info
    stored?

    More info:
    Something wierd has happened. I had a second hd installed. I shut down and removed the hd. I made sure it was not mentioned in fstab and everthing seemed normal.

    BUT:

    When I say open in kwrite or most other programs, the file open dialog
    is maximized and no content is shown. Besides that the mouse is very jumpy/laggy and it appears that the window sort of hangs without
    every getting around to function.

    I tried to clear the sesson, change theme and fiddle with all the setup
    regarding windows in the hope that it would reset or something.
    I even did the Windows trick = reboot, but to no avail.

    Even if I resize the windew/dialog to a much smaller area, it still doesnt
    function at all.

    Any of you that might have seen this thing before or know how to fix it?

    I forgot to mention. This is a hd installed version. It has worked
    flawlessly for weeks. I have not installed or fiddled with anything.

    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    111
    CLOSED:

    I deleted the hidden kde folder and the File open went back to normal.

Similar Threads

  1. can't open file for writing
    By aebp in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-08-2005, 09:16 PM
  2. xmms ,deselect,show german dialogs
    By ramaswamyps in forum Other Live CDs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-24-2005, 04:59 AM
  3. External Modem works, but web pages do not open
    By tr31366 in forum Networking
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-23-2004, 06:58 PM
  4. Konqueror will no longer open [url]http://www[/url]..... links
    By stukennedyuk in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-05-2004, 05:33 PM
  5. NTOP help > file open error
    By cainniac in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-17-2003, 09:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Commodore 128 In Box & Original Power Supply & Intro Guide picture

Commodore 128 In Box & Original Power Supply & Intro Guide

$200.00



Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller picture

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller

$39.99



Commodore OS Vision 3.0 | Bootable USB Install | Linux Gaming OS picture

Commodore OS Vision 3.0 | Bootable USB Install | Linux Gaming OS

$24.99



Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW picture

Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW

$11.99



Commodore 64 Personal Computer w Power Supply-TV Hookup-Paperwork-Original Box picture

Commodore 64 Personal Computer w Power Supply-TV Hookup-Paperwork-Original Box

$139.00



Vintage Commodore 128 Computer Powers On Not Tested with Power Supply picture

Vintage Commodore 128 Computer Powers On Not Tested with Power Supply

$169.99



Vintage C64 Commodore 64 Computer Console For Parts or Repair - Basketcase Unit picture

Vintage C64 Commodore 64 Computer Console For Parts or Repair - Basketcase Unit

$49.99



Commodore 128 Vintage Computer Not Working No Power Damage READ picture

Commodore 128 Vintage Computer Not Working No Power Damage READ

$129.00



Commodore C128 Comp w/ Original Box TESTED & WORKING + Original & PETG Key Plung picture

Commodore C128 Comp w/ Original Box TESTED & WORKING + Original & PETG Key Plung

$260.98



Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller picture

Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller

$39.99