-
Can't modify files on Knoppix
Mustang64, THANKS A LOT!! I've downloaded the image, burned it and finally it booted!!!. thx a lot dude.
I have only 2 questions:
1) I can't copy or transfer files on my HD after I boot Knoppix. (Maybe because I don't have enough privleges (rw-rw-rw) even though I changed the previlages in the options)
2) How do I get wireless network on Knoppix. What do I need?
thx a lot
-
Senior Member
registered user
1)right-click on the harddisk icon and choose to set your disk read/write.
This does not work if your partition is in NTFS.
If your partition is formatted in NTFS you need the knoppix version 3.4 from CT.
2)For wireless connection please check the wireless section in the docs section
hope this'll help....
It's not harder than dooing thye first steps in windoze..
Similar Threads
-
By strtt in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-04-2005, 11:14 AM
-
By fevel in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-26-2005, 11:26 PM
-
By bob58 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-20-2005, 08:19 AM
-
By PTMuplink in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-08-2005, 11:37 PM
-
By charlesfan in forum Ideas
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-13-2004, 08:56 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

KTN-STL3 EMC VNX 15-slot Disk Array Expansion, full 15 x 2tb drives 100% health
$360.00

Ubiquiti UniFi Gateway Max Router - 5x 2.5GbE - IDS/IPS 2.3 Gbps - UXG-Max
$180.00

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$13.99

CHEECENT CR202 WiFi USB Print Server 2-Port for Windows, Mac, Linux
$64.99

Dell PowerEdge R740xd Server 2.8Ghz 32-Core 384GB RAM 3.2TB Storage Debian Linux
$5969.95

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

Microsoft SQL Server 2025 Standard 32 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License Package
$299.00

NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch
$499.99

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99