Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Can't modify files on Knoppix

  1. #1

    Can't modify files on Knoppix

    Mustang64, THANKS A LOT!! I've downloaded the image, burned it and finally it booted!!!. thx a lot dude.

    I have only 2 questions:

    1) I can't copy or transfer files on my HD after I boot Knoppix. (Maybe because I don't have enough privleges (rw-rw-rw) even though I changed the previlages in the options)

    2) How do I get wireless network on Knoppix. What do I need?

    thx a lot

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    252
    1)right-click on the harddisk icon and choose to set your disk read/write.
    This does not work if your partition is in NTFS.
    If your partition is formatted in NTFS you need the knoppix version 3.4 from CT.
    2)For wireless connection please check the wireless section in the docs section

    hope this'll help....
    It's not harder than dooing thye first steps in windoze..

Similar Threads

  1. Modify ISO image
    By strtt in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-04-2005, 11:14 AM
  2. cant modify files on pendrive
    By fevel in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-26-2005, 11:26 PM
  3. modify boot screen?
    By bob58 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-20-2005, 08:19 AM
  4. Modify Knoppix
    By PTMuplink in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-08-2005, 11:37 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-13-2004, 08:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.30



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller picture

BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller

$714.99



G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only picture

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only

$200.00



X4TTX Dell PERC H730P SATA/SAS PCIe RAID Controller 0X4TTX picture

X4TTX Dell PERC H730P SATA/SAS PCIe RAID Controller 0X4TTX

$42.00



Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller picture

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller

$64.99



LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US picture

LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US

$29.88



G-Technology G-SPEED Shuttle XL 8-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID ENCLOSURE ONLY picture

G-Technology G-SPEED Shuttle XL 8-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID ENCLOSURE ONLY

$550.00



9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US picture

9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US

$49.50



HP controller P3410-69003 NetRAID-1M SCSI 64-bit U160 32MB Cache (PCI) picture

HP controller P3410-69003 NetRAID-1M SCSI 64-bit U160 32MB Cache (PCI)

$359.00