Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Can't modify files on Knoppix

  1. #1

    Can't modify files on Knoppix

    Mustang64, THANKS A LOT!! I've downloaded the image, burned it and finally it booted!!!. thx a lot dude.

    I have only 2 questions:

    1) I can't copy or transfer files on my HD after I boot Knoppix. (Maybe because I don't have enough privleges (rw-rw-rw) even though I changed the previlages in the options)

    2) How do I get wireless network on Knoppix. What do I need?

    thx a lot

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    252
    1)right-click on the harddisk icon and choose to set your disk read/write.
    This does not work if your partition is in NTFS.
    If your partition is formatted in NTFS you need the knoppix version 3.4 from CT.
    2)For wireless connection please check the wireless section in the docs section

    hope this'll help....
    It's not harder than dooing thye first steps in windoze..

Similar Threads

  1. Modify ISO image
    By strtt in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-04-2005, 11:14 AM
  2. cant modify files on pendrive
    By fevel in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-26-2005, 11:26 PM
  3. modify boot screen?
    By bob58 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-20-2005, 08:19 AM
  4. Modify Knoppix
    By PTMuplink in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-08-2005, 11:37 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-13-2004, 08:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Apple Macintosh PowerBook Duo 230 With Power Supply Floppy Drive Parts picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh PowerBook Duo 230 With Power Supply Floppy Drive Parts

$100.00



Vintage 1988 Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Computer Keyboard WORKING See Video picture

Vintage 1988 Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Computer Keyboard WORKING See Video

$225.00



APPLE IIC A2S4100 VINTAGE PERSONAL COMPUTER UNTESTED AS-IS, NO POWER CABLE picture

APPLE IIC A2S4100 VINTAGE PERSONAL COMPUTER UNTESTED AS-IS, NO POWER CABLE

$149.99



Apple Keyboard Vintage M3501 picture

Apple Keyboard Vintage M3501

$50.00



Lot of 3 VIntage  Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS picture

Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS

$7.00



Vintage Apple PowerBook G4 Titanium Laptop 800 MHz 60 GB HD 15

Vintage Apple PowerBook G4 Titanium Laptop 800 MHz 60 GB HD 15" LCD Screen A1001

$79.99



TESTED Original Apple IIc 2c Power Supply A2M4017 15V 1.2A 18W WORKING Vintage picture

TESTED Original Apple IIc 2c Power Supply A2M4017 15V 1.2A 18W WORKING Vintage

$55.00



Vintage Apple M7886 Power Mac G4 Cube 450MHz 64MB 20GB picture

Vintage Apple M7886 Power Mac G4 Cube 450MHz 64MB 20GB

$299.99



Vintage NOS Apple iBook Two Sided Cloth Banner Think Different picture

Vintage NOS Apple iBook Two Sided Cloth Banner Think Different

$99.99



Vintage Apple Macintosh 80MB SCSI 2.5

Vintage Apple Macintosh 80MB SCSI 2.5" Hard Drive IBM WDS-280 PowerBook 1992

$65.00