Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Problems connecting to the net

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1

    Problems connecting to the net

    I'll be honest, I'm a linux nub. I once tried mandrake, got pissed when I couldn't install ye-olde 8500LE (I've since bought a 9800pro and video issues no longer bother me), and gave up.


    This time around I though, hey cool, knoppix... sounds like alot of fun.

    I boot fine and everything but I can't seem to get my network card working.

    I'm on UE9000 and I need to enter my IP, Subnet Mask, Gateway, and DNS...

    My question is... how can I do this in knoppix?

    Any help is greatly appreciated, knoppix seems like alot of fun, and once I learn the ways of linux I plan to support the community as well as it has supported me thus far (pretty well ).

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    949
    Why don't you try DCHP instead? click the knoppix icon, config, network card. If you want to set it up yourself just select no when it asks if you want to use DCHP

Similar Threads

  1. Gaim and amsn seem to have problems connecting??
    By cfish in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2005, 01:08 PM
  2. Problems connecting w/ Orinoco card
    By rhami01 in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-05-2004, 06:32 PM
  3. hi, i need help connecting to the web.
    By donvergoni0 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-23-2004, 09:44 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-09-2004, 12:54 AM
  5. connecting to the internet
    By bulio in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-19-2004, 12:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord picture

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord

$49.99



TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts picture

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts

$69.00



5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play picture

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play

$31.99



Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP picture

Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP

$127.00