Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Sharing Internet Connection with Knoppix

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2

    Sharing Internet Connection with Knoppix

    Firstoff I'm a bit new to Knoppix and linux in general.
    Secondly I did look and was unable to find a solution to my problem which I could understand. =(

    Basically I have 2 ethernet connections one is to my Cablemodem and the other is to my switch for my roomates to share my internet. I sucessfully use windowsXP to share the connection but for some reason can't get Knoppix to share the connection for me.

    Can I get some advice? [remember i'm new]
    Thank you!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Midlands, UK
    Posts
    145
    Someone on this forum recommended Arno's IPtable-firewall script and this is what I use. You need to follow the instructions to get it working and it can be obtained from:-

    http://rocky.molphys.leidenuniv.nl/

    Cheers, Stuart.....

    PS. Very secure once setup.....

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2
    Thanks alot man, I'm going to look more into that but I feel confident that this will help me.

    muchly appreciated ^^

Similar Threads

  1. Internet Connection Sharing...???
    By Jwizzman in forum Networking
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-12-2004, 09:52 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-11-2004, 02:26 AM
  3. Internet connection Sharing
    By Yeti in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-09-2003, 06:56 AM
  4. help for internet connection sharing???
    By captaincourage in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-29-2003, 06:01 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-11-2003, 09:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic picture

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic

$100.00



Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read picture

Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read

$295.00



Apple Power Macintosh PowerPC 7300/200 VTG w Keyboard Mouse Storage Drive Read picture

Apple Power Macintosh PowerPC 7300/200 VTG w Keyboard Mouse Storage Drive Read

$199.99



Apple Macintosh DuoDock Duo Dock M7779 & Powerbook 230 Vintage Mac RARE Vintage picture

Apple Macintosh DuoDock Duo Dock M7779 & Powerbook 230 Vintage Mac RARE Vintage

$249.00



Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A

$150.00



185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac picture

185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac

$99.00



Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed picture

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed

$69.95



Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Vintage Computer **TURNS ON ** picture

Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Vintage Computer **TURNS ON **

$99.99



Mixed Lot Vintage Mac Windows media / Graphics / Sound Software - CDs 37 Pieces picture

Mixed Lot Vintage Mac Windows media / Graphics / Sound Software - CDs 37 Pieces

$40.99



Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage All-in-One Desktop Computer picture

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage All-in-One Desktop Computer

$95.00