Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: WUSB linksys adaptor

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    US
    Posts
    6

    WUSB linksys adaptor

    Hi. Im pretty well a complete newb to linux been running windows for quite some time and have ssh to some servers know a couple basic commands. Looking to change over to linux for myself. I just installed knoppix on my laptop and am having no luck getting my wireless usb adaptor to work. I saw a couple post here and attempted to copy them doing the same thing but I am way to new to linux to be able to accomplish this and need it broke down if someone could assist me with this it would be Great. Thanx in advance.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    US
    Posts
    6
    Ok spent the last about 4hrs trying this any help that can be given would be great I have searched through all the other post and been running as many commands as I can fine in attempt to get this working. I have tried this site http://atmelwlandriver.sourceforge.net/howto/howto.html and when I get to dmesg it doesnt work. Also tried the stuff at ftp://ftp.linux-wlan.org/pub/linux-wlan-ng/README/ but when i try this command
    D) Run 'wlanctl-ng wlan0 lnxreq_ifstate ifstate=enable' to initialize the
    driver+MAC functions.
    I get No such device.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    US
    Posts
    6
    also someone said if it says no such device to try
    wlcardconfig
    I tried this command and it says no wireless card found I would assume that is because my card is a usb and not a pci.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1

    same problem

    I have this exact same problem, with the same messages you do. I can't seem to get it to work either. Anyone know how to fix this?

Similar Threads

  1. Yet another linksys problem
    By spartn119 in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-25-2004, 08:09 PM
  2. WEP Encryption settings with WUSB
    By tdk in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-12-2004, 12:50 AM
  3. Linksys WUSB V2.8 (Atmel) using Knoppix 3.4 with 2.6 kernel?
    By ewanrg in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-25-2004, 06:47 PM
  4. Advice on which USB Wireless Adaptor to use?
    By hemps in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-11-2003, 06:10 AM
  5. WUSB adapter don’t work
    By vantunes in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-02-2003, 01:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming motherboard Z390 LGA1151 DDR4 64G HDMI M-ATX  picture

Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming motherboard Z390 LGA1151 DDR4 64G HDMI M-ATX

$90.00



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI picture

ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI

$289.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

$76.49



ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI  ATX RGB picture

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB

$69.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99



MSI B460M-A Pro DDR4 LGA 1200 Micro ATX Motherboard 10th Gen picture

MSI B460M-A Pro DDR4 LGA 1200 Micro ATX Motherboard 10th Gen

$59.99