-
Knoppix as MandrakeMove does....
I've just started to dig into Knoppix world and I'm tring to use it on my Hp Pavillion 4200, which does'nt have a floppy disk on board and it's equipped with a winmodem that is well supported by the Linuxant hsf drivers(evenbetter that with the original WinXp drivers).
I used Mandrake 9.2 on it but now I've to wipe out the linux partition, sad but true...
And so I've decided to try to use Knoppix live and an USBpen, as MandrakeMove does.
The reason why I would use Knoppix and not MandrakeMove is that on MandrakeMove you do not have Development tools and you cannot compile any module for the kernel, and you have to pay for it.
I would like to know is that approach is possible, if is possible to compile the Linuxant drivers and save them, along with the configuration files and the data files on a UsbPen drive.
And if it's possible to boot with the drivers etc. from the UsbPen.
Forgive me for my orrible english.
many thx
best regards - .:remote
Similar Threads
-
By Garibaldi in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 09-10-2004, 01:45 AM
-
By SUOrangeman in forum The Lounge
Replies: 7
Last Post: 01-15-2004, 03:32 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

MTC8C1084S1SC56BD1 Micron 16GB DDR5 1Rx8 PC5-5600B 5600Mhz SO-DIMM Memory
$149.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

32GB KIT - 2x SK Hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 SODIMM Laptop Memory RAM
$99.99

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

Lot Of 4-Samsung 16GB 1Rx8 PC4-3200AA-SA2-11 M471A2G43AB2-CWE SO-DIMM Memory RAM
$220.00

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$43.00

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00