Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Program use and permission problems on hd install

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    10

    Program use and permission problems on hd install

    I'm running Knoppix STD 1B off my hard drive. I've noticed however, with many programs, they don't work from the Knoppix toolbar shortcuts, I have to manually open their executable from /usr/bin. Some files don't even work then - I have to open them from a console, and even then I have to change to root before it will let me open it. I've tried changing the permissions to 777 while logged in as root, but I still can't simply click to open it. I don't even get a notification box telling me I don't have the right permissions, it just tries to open it for a bit, then nothing happens. I've tried reinstalling a couple times, but the results are always the same.

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    10
    If this helps at all, EtherApe is one that works straight from the desktop menu shortcut, Cheops is one that works only while su in a console.

Similar Threads

  1. Permission problem running a compiled C++ program
    By palmerac in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-01-2005, 09:00 AM
  2. new HD permission problems
    By Hayabusa in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-27-2004, 09:11 PM
  3. Is it possible to install a program from a CD?
    By xaviers2002 in forum Laptops
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-10-2004, 04:50 AM
  4. X permission problems
    By ocilent1 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-30-2003, 12:53 PM
  5. Dev Null Permission Problems
    By Ambrose in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-04-2003, 12:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR picture

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR

$23.00



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



Intel Core i7-14700KF 20-Core 3.4GHz LGA1700 33MB Cache CPU SRN3Y picture

Intel Core i7-14700KF 20-Core 3.4GHz LGA1700 33MB Cache CPU SRN3Y

$310.00



AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description) picture

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)

$59.00



Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



Intel Core i5/i7/i9 AMC CPU Processors, LOT of 90 pcs picture

Intel Core i5/i7/i9 AMC CPU Processors, LOT of 90 pcs

$18000.00



Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151

$79.99



Intel Core Ultra 7 265K 3.9GHz LGA 1851 Processor  picture

Intel Core Ultra 7 265K 3.9GHz LGA 1851 Processor

$249.99



Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor

$175.00