-
I've had this problem on every machine I've used Knoppix CD to boot, run the script knx-hdinstall, and then boot up from the HD.
The trap I keep falling into [on new machines] is that the kdm's login screen
has "default" or "previous" selected by default. Since I've never logged in with that username, it doesn't have a valid previous session. I will type a good username and correct password, click Go, Xwindows will blink and I am returned to the login screen like I've mistyped something.
Since I've been building up several machines, it is easy to forget that you are on new machine and for each new account, "default" X Windows session is really selecting nothing.
Selecting a "kde3" explicidly is a habit I need to pickup.
Similar Threads
-
By vgramanathan in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-19-2005, 03:17 PM
-
By Droid in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-08-2004, 08:09 AM
-
By gravity in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-22-2004, 04:32 PM
-
By foraker_p in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-01-2004, 12:54 AM
-
By gilljohn in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 10
Last Post: 04-09-2003, 02:05 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6
$210.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT
$9.99

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Crucial MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6E1SG 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V ECC LRDIMM Server Memory
$150.00

SK Hynix 32GB Server Memory 2Rx4 PC4-2400T-R81-11 HMA84GR7MFR4N-UH Server RAM
$169.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50

Micron MTA18ASF2G72XF1Z-2G9WP1ABVGD 16GB 1Rx4 NN4-2933Y DDR4 ECC NVDIMM
$74.50