Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: HDD installation question

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    10

    HDD installation question

    I am sorry if I repeat questions asked previously, I am a total newb and need some help.

    I have a WinXP machine, with 3 HDD's.

    I would like to make a partition in order to install Knoppix 3.4 on one of these partitions.

    Can I make a partition using diskmngmt?

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    24
    The knoppix-installer script has an option to partition your hard disk; it uses cfdisk. cfdisk, however, will not resize your existing partitions.

    If you need to resize NTFS partitions, you will have to purchase a commercial partition program.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    171
    You are kidding ClubMed. QTParted is used by knoppix-installer when booted into X. It will do everything that you require (resizing, creating, deleting).

  4. #4
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by kelmo
    You are kidding ClubMed. QTParted is used by knoppix-installer when booted into X. It will do everything that you require (resizing, creating, deleting).
    I dont remember kidding, but I do remember saying that I am a newbie.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 04:40 PM
  2. really newbie Question?Installation a program on knoppix?
    By rayesteq in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-23-2004, 11:46 PM
  3. CD to HDD Installation Question(s)
    By Excalibur-DTE in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-26-2004, 03:53 AM
  4. Probleme nach installation!! - Problems after installation!!
    By Mr.Redhat in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-11-2004, 02:46 PM
  5. Grub settings, quick question... really my last question :p
    By mark1221 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-01-2003, 10:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Acer Aspire 14

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb

$475.21



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$316.61



External SSD 1TB 2TB  Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$16.99



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$465.98



Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1794.16



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$24.99



Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB 3.5

Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$23.99



Dell Latitude 15.6” FHD Core i5 Laptop PC Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 picture

Dell Latitude 15.6” FHD Core i5 Laptop PC Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11

$382.48



2026 NEW SGIN 15.6

2026 NEW SGIN 15.6" Laptop Win11 Intel i3 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Wi-Fi 6 RJ45 USB-C

$302.99