Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: I am guessing this is bad....

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    20

    I am guessing this is bad....

    Well, I did an HD install last week using a disk that was downloaded from about 10 sources (I have read that that is BAD :P). It seems to work fine, but there are certain things like how the control panel cant access the kernel at all that make me believe that it is screwed up in some way.

    Question is, when I get a CD from one source (I will make sure to do this when I switch to Gentoo this summer), can I just install it over my current copy, or should I reformat and start over?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Osnabrück, Germany
    Posts
    95
    Just insert the cd in your cdrom drive, boot from there and enter knoppix testcd at the boot prompt; this will tell you whether the cd was correctly downloaded and burned! BTW, the KDE control panel looks for the kernel source in /usr/src/linux and since it's not installed by default it gives you an error; nothing to worry about!

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by EmDee
    Just insert the cd in your cdrom drive, boot from there and enter knoppix testcd at the boot prompt; this will tell you whether the cd was correctly downloaded and burned! BTW, the KDE control panel looks for the kernel source in /usr/src/linux and since it's not installed by default it gives you an error; nothing to worry about!
    Should have known :P
    Thanks for the help.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Macintosh Platinum Mouse - AppleĀ 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW picture

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - AppleĀ 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW

$49.99



1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K MATCHING # BOX Set Original Mac Model M0001 WORKS RARE picture

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K MATCHING # BOX Set Original Mac Model M0001 WORKS RARE

$6299.00



Apple Macintosh 128k Desktop computer. Upgraded to 512k picture

Apple Macintosh 128k Desktop computer. Upgraded to 512k

$300.00



1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare picture

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K FIRST MAC Model M0001 PICASSO KIT Discs Harvard Rare

$1800.00



Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond picture

Vintage Apple Macintosh 128K 512K Carrying Case Rainbow Logo Excellent Cond

$140.00



Macintosh Platinum Mouse - AppleĀ 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW picture

Macintosh Platinum Mouse - AppleĀ 128K 512K 512Ke Mac Plus Lisa IIe M0100 - NEW

$59.99



Keyboard Cable Cord - Apple Macintosh Mac 128K 512K 512Ke Plus picture

Keyboard Cable Cord - Apple Macintosh Mac 128K 512K 512Ke Plus

$12.99



Apple Keyboard and Cable for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110 picture

Apple Keyboard and Cable for Macintosh 128k 512k Mac Plus RARE Vintage M0110

$129.99



1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K  Original Model M0001 With Keyboard and Mouse  picture

1984 APPLE MACINTOSH 128K Original Model M0001 With Keyboard and Mouse

$1799.99



Apple Macintosh Mac 128k - 512k Boot / Diagnostics 2 Disk Set for Classic Macs picture

Apple Macintosh Mac 128k - 512k Boot / Diagnostics 2 Disk Set for Classic Macs

$14.99