hmm, are you quite sure you can't disable SATA in your BIOS?
It might be "disguised" as legacy ATA or PATA support.
Just a shot in the dark...
My mobo had built in SATA, which read as hda7 and hda8. There are not hard drives on these connections, and it takes about a minute a piece for Linux to find that out (makes booting annoying) I cannot disable the SATA via the bios or jumpers, so is there any way I can keep the OS from trying talk the the hard drives that arent there.
Thanks.
hmm, are you quite sure you can't disable SATA in your BIOS?
It might be "disguised" as legacy ATA or PATA support.
Just a shot in the dark...
I'll check into it. but I dont think so. Thx for the suggestion anyways.Originally Posted by Markus
There are no options or toggles to get rid of the SATA connections. Anyone else have any suggestions to keep knoppix from looking for phantom SATA drives?
I've got the same problem. There's a SiI 3112A SATA Controller on my Asus A7N8X deluxe and normally there's no drive attached to it. But sometimes I connect one or two drives to it (it has a nice hot-plug feature under Windows XP). So I don't want to deactivate the controller.
So it would be nice to tell knoppix at boottime to disable sata-support.
greets
rasferret
I have an NF7-S from Abit, which is also Nforce2.
In my bios, which shouldn't be all that different from yours, I can go to
Integrated peripherals, and then to On Chip Ide Device.
There should be an option to disable S-ATA from there.

SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12
$1599.99
Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM
$10.99
Micron MTC4C10163S1UC48BA1 8GB RAM DDR5 4800MHz
$87.00
Samsung 8GB DDR4 2666MHz Desktop Ram Memory (M378A1K43DB2-CTD) Tested
$29.99
SK Hynix 64B PC4-2933Y Server Memory DDR4 RAM HMAA8GR7MJR4N-WM
$499.99
Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz Memory Kit - 32GB (2x16GB)
$159.95
Kingston Fury Beast 32GB(2 x 16GB) KF552C36BBEA-16 DDR5 5200MHz RAM - R1031A
$299.95
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00
LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total)
$129.99
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$43.00