-
Senior Member
registered user
headless ogg/mp3 player?
The Pizza shop dug out an old Compaq DeskPro. One of those 3/4 height things with a riser card, early DIMMs and USB (oddly, the processor doesn't have a heat-sink or fan -- should I assume that that's been canibalised along with the modem?).
Anyway, I thought it might make a half way decent mp3/ogg player for the shop (I've an old 6gig drive I can donate). Ideally, I'd like something which runs headless; you know, someoneone comes into the shop, hits the power switch on the box and ( ta ta ra!) music comes out of the speakers.
Any ideas/suggestions?
-
Similar Threads
-
By scoldingice in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-27-2005, 10:19 PM
-
By turbowei in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-17-2004, 06:16 AM
-
By kam_kenneth in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-05-2004, 05:30 AM
-
By desanti in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-13-2004, 09:13 PM
-
By brandontyler in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-18-2002, 10:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.72