-
Senior Member
registered user
JockVSJock,
From what I know, considering the HELL I went through getting ALSA to work, the "alsamixer" is provided within the "alsa-utils" package. If you can't run the alsamixer, then you don't have alsa running, or not completely, that is.
This is the extent of my knowledge, on the subject, to get ALSA, you need three things:
(1) ALSA drivers for your specific Sound Card
(2) ALSA-Base
(3) ALSA-Utils
You might want to view my two threads, currently running on this forum, "General Questions" -=- Topics: "Sound Editing K3b and cdaudio, sound slowed?" and "Shopping List (Part II)" - the exact topics are not known, but the jest is close. Even though the "K3b" topic is resolved, it got me to install ALSA, which began a new "internal" thread in that topic, and the "Shopping List" topic was started because now that I have ALSA running, I now get static, or noise, introduced into my audio recordings.
I am sure you will also get a response within this topic, but, it can't hurt to see what "you" might be getting yourself into
Among the many who helped me, get where I am now, are frequently assisting on these topics, those in particular where: Stephen, Windos_No_Thanks, Fingers99, and Markus -=- as for my issues, if you get ALSA running, and you can record an audio source, and when playing it back, you don't have introduced noise (static), I would be interested in seeing what was done - not to mention, I will be watching this thread/topic, as well, to see the progress 
Good Luck, and hope yours doesn't go as bad as mine,
Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By tytons in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-01-2004, 04:09 PM
-
By ptesone in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-08-2004, 05:09 PM
-
By Cuddles in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 17
Last Post: 01-20-2004, 04:30 PM
-
By labrador in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-18-2003, 01:54 AM
-
By Mad_Max_FX in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-22-2003, 03:29 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE
$225.00

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Lot of 4 Cisco CP-8841-3PW-NA-K9 8841 MPP Multiplatform VoIP IP Phone NEW
$450.00

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Verizon Yealink SIP-T46S T46S IP Desk Phone Bluetooth Ready (Open Box)
$74.99

Cisco VoIP Phone CP-8851 with 8800 Key Expansion Modules
$69.00