-
Knoppix constantly freezes...Please help!
Hi all
I have justed recieved my Asus M6700 N laptop with Centrino 1.4, Radeon 9600 Mobility and Knoppix just keeps freezing at random locations! I am pretty sure the CD burned fine (used Easy CD Creator 5 in Windows XP in another laptop). CD gets read, but then freezes occur randomly, mostly within KDE. The CD stops spinning and everything just halts, causing me to reboot the laptop over and over again.
I once got a "set pci=biosirq" message, which I did do, but it did not help much.
any thoughts on what problems there might be ? does any one have any cheat code valid for my specific configuration ?
many thanks!
-
hey, an update, I've got everything working fine...on batteries
apparently you cannot have the power supply plugged on on my model , something's wrong with the way knoppix detects the power settings. for example, now I am on batteries and I have the plugged in icon on the taskbar that says Plugged in- no battery....bizarre
-
are u kidding man?!
u got a whole laptop forum that u can ask all your question about knoppix and laptops..
so y i post your question here?! :/
thats pretty silly..
Similar Threads
-
By pybass in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-15-2005, 12:31 AM
-
By constellation in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-07-2004, 12:43 AM
-
By MarcoF in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-29-2004, 07:06 PM
-
By Morph_NX in forum Laptops
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-10-2004, 04:14 AM
-
By Engon in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 10-08-2003, 12:15 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99