-
Samba and PXE questions
I've been working at getting Knoppix set up on my shops network (windows). I've went thru the various FAQs and tutorials at Knoppix.net and have hit several dead ends.
So far, I can connect to my local network, I can connect to the internet thru proxy server, I can connect to my IBM iSeries (AS400) and use the basic telnet (is tn5250 on the cd? how to find?), I can connect and print to my IBM InfoPrint (network attached). I am using the Save Configuration floppy to restart with each time I get something else added.
I was trying to get the remote boot working. http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqPXE I follwed the steps in the FAQ PXE to try to connect with terminal server. I am using two identical Dell GX1's with onboard 3com nics w/PXE bootable. They are not directly connected, but thru the network (may be my problem?) The second one cannot "get an IP address from DHCP server" . Am I missing something in the network config of Knoppix/terminal server/networking or is there a potential conflict with some other Windows computer running DHCP that's answering first?
I am also trying to get Samba working to connect to my windows networking shares. Once again, I followed the directions in the FAQ Samba Quick document. http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqSambaQuick The first part to share the knoppix session worked perfectly following the instructions! The other direction I could not complete the instructions. The final mount line in the FAQ would not work. I kept getting a mount error. I read thru what it listed and some man pages, and that part of the command worked OK. I changed the "smbfs -u..." part and that caused a different Samba-related error because I didn't specify the user/password to connect.
What's going on here? Any help would be appreciated!
thanks!
Similar Threads
-
By smarchand291 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-08-2003, 11:41 PM
-
By juan_sck in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-17-2003, 01:36 PM
-
By arkaine23 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-24-2003, 11:54 PM
-
By Tovi in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-21-2003, 08:42 AM
-
By Prototask in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-21-2003, 10:26 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

HP ProLiant 460 Series G7 Blade 2x Xeon E5649 2.53Ghz w/ 16Gb DR3, No HD, QTY
$74.99

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5 2x6248R 24 core 3.0G 24x64g DDR4-2933 ram
$112000.00

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$96.60

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08