-
Help with Nero 6 and Knoppix 3.3
Hi I am relatively new to linux (1 year). I am 45 years of age and a computer network engineer so not a total newbie. I need someones help in respect of Nero 6 and Knoppix. At this point people usually get " Read the FAQs etc.etc. I have but I can not find an answer to my problem so can anyone help.?
I have downloaded Knoppix 3.3 from a Knoppix mirror, extracted it to a folder and brought up nero 6 to burn it. I have followed the "Choose recorder/burn image and then point it to the folder containing the files.
I have tried "all files" and get 3 folders, demos, knoppix and talks and nothing else. Under "nrg, iso, cue." it shows Demos, Knoppix, Talks, autorun.bat, autorun.inf, cdrom icon and index.html. Nero does not under any circumstances identify it as an ISO file. Is it me, what am I doing wrong. thanks in anticipation
-
If you've downloaded it as a .iso, don't extract it, just burn the iso as it is.
Some people have complained about windows download manager changing the iso to .rar or something, if that's the case, you might have to download it again and try to override the windows "help" functions.
-
Marcus, you hit the nail on the head there, Its win rar thats causing the problem, now I know why, thanks for the help, you were spot on.
Was thinking to laterally, geez I feel so silly now. Thank gain m8
-
Hi Marcus
Thanks 4 that, up and running now again. Unistalled Win RAR. converted it to a winzip file, and lo and behold, an ISO image. Thanks 4 putting me in the right direction. Never even thought about RAR. I mean it m8 thanks big style
-
You're wellcome!
Don't know if you actually have to uninstall winrar? Perhaps just remove the iso file association from its options?
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Markus
You're wellcome!
Don't know if you actually have to uninstall winrar? Perhaps just remove the iso file association from its options?
Pardon me for butting in but I also have winrar in my pc and have not encountered this problem in my nero 6. Seems the iso file gets opened up as nero selects the image. Strange...
-
Depends on the order you install winrar and nero which program takes over the .iso file association.
You can also choose which file types you want winrar to handle at the installation setup.
Or just leave the .iso file type without a program to handle it to have windows ask what to do with iso files.
Similar Threads
-
By katana in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-29-2004, 01:15 PM
-
By ThePotato in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-01-2004, 05:07 PM
-
By GNUbie in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-15-2004, 05:34 PM
-
By chefakito in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-26-2003, 02:57 PM
-
By chrish in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-09-2003, 04:02 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage DEC LSI-11 PDP-11 Paper Tape Software Lot (96 Tapes) Cables Hardware
$649.00

Vintage DEC Digital M8048 5013995C PDP-11 LSI 11 ROM (B3)
$149.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage Computer Lot Commodore IBM Gateway AT Gaming Towers DEC IBM HUGE CRT LOT
$7250.00

DEC 3010A Vintage Ceramic chip - ALL LEGS INTACT (BO)
$100.00

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00

VINTAGE DEC LA34/ LA100 SERIES KEYBOARD W/NUMERIC PAD 70-17864-01C
$140.00

6 Vintage DEC Digital System Building Blocks - Flip Chips
$95.00

VINTAGE DEC/MDB Systems MLSI-TEV Circuit Board #40040340 1976 (B5)
$69.99

Vintage DEC LR150-11 Power Supply 70-0464-01 Rev S Sun Shoebox Server PSU Used
$160.00