bump
It seems to compile fine with a few warnings for create_* and extract_* (cc wants to see endian.h instead of byteorder.h).
when I do an insmod -p cloop, I get:
/lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2115.nptl/kernel/drivers/block/cloop.o: unresolved symbol kunmap_high
/lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2115.nptl/kernel/drivers/block/cloop.o: unresolved symbol filp_open
/lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2115.nptl/kernel/drivers/block/cloop.o: unresolved symbol register_disk
/lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2115.nptl/kernel/drivers/block/cloop.o: unresolved symbol blk_queue_bounce
/lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2115.nptl/kernel/drivers/block/cloop.o: unresolved symbol register_blkdev
/lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2115.nptl/kernel/drivers/block/cloop.o: unresolved symbol blk_queue_make_request
/lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2115.nptl/kernel/drivers/block/cloop.o: unresolved symbol filp_close
/lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2115.nptl/kernel/drivers/block/cloop.o: unresolved symbol do_generic_file_read
/lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2115.nptl/kernel/drivers/block/cloop.o: unresolved symbol highmem_start_page
/lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2115.nptl/kernel/drivers/block/cloop.o: unresolved symbol ntohl
/lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2115.nptl/kernel/drivers/block/cloop.o: unresolved symbol blk_dev
/lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2115.nptl/kernel/drivers/block/cloop.o: unresolved symbol fput
/lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2115.nptl/kernel/drivers/block/cloop.o: unresolved symbol fget
/lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2115.nptl/kernel/drivers/block/cloop.o: unresolved symbol kmap_high
/lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2115.nptl/kernel/drivers/block/cloop.o: unresolved symbol irq_stat
This is being compiled on Fedora Core 1
Any ideas?![]()
bump
I too had this problem - is there a proper doc for compiling this outside of gentoo or dbeian or whatever it was originally written for -
c'mon guys ... all your hard work should be free ... right?
(Actually I'm working on a bootable educational cd that is going to be apppliance ware - so I would like to get cloop working.)
The original errors I had was that it was looking for conf.vars in the linux source tree, somthing that seems to be non-standard. I touched the conf.vars file, but hen found some doc on the net that showed that it looks like conf.vars & .config are the same thing - not sure. Copied .config to conf.vars and the thing seemed to compile, oh and there was a problem with another file, but being an idiot I cannot remember the file name, but I touched it as well - so the thing finally compiles and when insmod'ing the thing I got the same errors.
Originally Posted by ghstridr
great
me too, i have an cloop: uresolved symbol ntohl error (not the rest)
i tried to pack my own kernel with knoppix, but after the boot, i get dropped in a shell, because knoppix wasn't able to load cloop.o i guess
if anyone finds a solution, please post
Hi all,
I've just been throught the problems discussed here (unknown
symbol: ntohl) and the fix seems to be adding -O2 to the compiler
flags in Makefile:line12 :-
CKERNOPS:= -O2 -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -fno-builtin -nostdlib -DKBUILD_MODNAME="cloop" -DKBUILD_BASENAME="cloop"
For those on non-Debian systems who lack conf.vars, run
"make menuconfig" in the kernel source tree and copy the
resultant .conf to conf.vars.
This prodices an error free cloop module on a 2.4.26 system
built from the LFS project with gcc-3.3.3.
Whether it actually works remains to be seen
ttfn
skywhale
very probably the reason is a mistmatch between cloop and insmod
not compiled with the same kernel_version
To be sure you should do this before compiling cloop
mv /usr/include/linux /usr/include/linux_old
ln -s /usr/src/linux/include/linux /usr/include/linux
and make sure that /usr/src/linux pointing to your kernel you are using ,for example
ln -s /usr/src/linux-2.6.5 /usr/src/linux
compile cloop then,and try insmod cloop.o
hth

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00
Tested WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HDD HUH721212ALN600
$239.99
Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB SAS 12Gb ST4000NM0025 7200 512n 3.5 HDD
$48.99
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99
Toshiba MG03ACA400 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Enterprise HDD (V6313)
$61.56
Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99
Western Digital RE WD4000FYYZ 4TB,Internal,7200 RPM SATA 3.5 inch HDD Hard Drive
$149.95