What kind of ethernet card/chipset/model?
I've recently changed my computer, I have installed winXP and all goes OK. I want to install a linux too and I'm trying knoppix.
My problem is that it dont reconoce me non of the two ehternet that I have.
I have an ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe.
I would apreciate explained ansewrs as I'm nearly new in Linux.
Thanks
What kind of ethernet card/chipset/model?
That's an nforce2 board. Best bet is to use a remastered version of Knoppix which has the driver for one of those cards pre-installed.
Or try a PCI network card and disable the onboard ones in the bios.
OK.
But... where I can find a remastered version of Knoppix which has the driver for nforce2 board??
I've found OVERCLOCKIX http://overclockix.octeams.com/ , but it is said that it comes from Knoppix 3.4!!?!?!?!! Some one knows if it works correctly? thanks
Umm... 3.3 2004-02-16 (currently the latest official version) contains the forcedeth drivers so it should also work.Originally Posted by arkaine23
Overclockix "Technomancer" is based on Knoppix 3.2 and has the non-GPL nforce drivers directly from nvidia. The 3.3 version of Knoppix mentoned should also work.
Overclockix 3.4 is still in development and is based on the recent unofficial Cebit magazine release of Knoppix. (It has supports Nforce2 in its 2.4 kernel). There are still bugs though so I don't recommend this version yet.
-Overclockix developer
...mmmm ok. The solution is using tecnomancer, the newest version. Isn't it?
Thanks
3.4 is the newest, but is still beta and has some odd problems. Technomancer was updated recently so all the apps that matter should be up-to-date.
There are some other remasters with the driver you need- ClusterKnoppix, Kanotix, and Morphix as well as a 3.3 version of ordinary knoppix (2-16-04) which had the GPL forcedeth nforce driver.

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$354.48
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54
Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km
$15.99
HP Z440 Workstation TWR Xeon E5-1603 v3, 8GB RAM, NVS310, SB1570, NO SSD/OS #95
$89.99
DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11
$149.00