What kind of ethernet card/chipset/model?
I've recently changed my computer, I have installed winXP and all goes OK. I want to install a linux too and I'm trying knoppix.
My problem is that it dont reconoce me non of the two ehternet that I have.
I have an ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe.
I would apreciate explained ansewrs as I'm nearly new in Linux.
Thanks
What kind of ethernet card/chipset/model?
That's an nforce2 board. Best bet is to use a remastered version of Knoppix which has the driver for one of those cards pre-installed.
Or try a PCI network card and disable the onboard ones in the bios.
OK.
But... where I can find a remastered version of Knoppix which has the driver for nforce2 board??
I've found OVERCLOCKIX http://overclockix.octeams.com/ , but it is said that it comes from Knoppix 3.4!!?!?!?!! Some one knows if it works correctly? thanks
Umm... 3.3 2004-02-16 (currently the latest official version) contains the forcedeth drivers so it should also work.Originally Posted by arkaine23
Overclockix "Technomancer" is based on Knoppix 3.2 and has the non-GPL nforce drivers directly from nvidia. The 3.3 version of Knoppix mentoned should also work.
Overclockix 3.4 is still in development and is based on the recent unofficial Cebit magazine release of Knoppix. (It has supports Nforce2 in its 2.4 kernel). There are still bugs though so I don't recommend this version yet.
-Overclockix developer
...mmmm ok. The solution is using tecnomancer, the newest version. Isn't it?
Thanks
3.4 is the newest, but is still beta and has some odd problems. Technomancer was updated recently so all the apps that matter should be up-to-date.
There are some other remasters with the driver you need- ClusterKnoppix, Kanotix, and Morphix as well as a 3.3 version of ordinary knoppix (2-16-04) which had the GPL forcedeth nforce driver.

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
Lot of 88GB (22x4GB) ADVANTECH 1RX16 DDR4 PC4-2400U AQD-D4U4GN24-HP MEMORY RAM
$286.00
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2400 (PC4 19200)
$45.00
Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V
$41.00
Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00
Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00
Team Group T-Force Vulcan 32GB (2x16GB) TLZGD416G3200HC16FBK - Tested
$149.95