What kind of ethernet card/chipset/model?
I've recently changed my computer, I have installed winXP and all goes OK. I want to install a linux too and I'm trying knoppix.
My problem is that it dont reconoce me non of the two ehternet that I have.
I have an ASUS A7N8X-E Deluxe.
I would apreciate explained ansewrs as I'm nearly new in Linux.
Thanks
What kind of ethernet card/chipset/model?
That's an nforce2 board. Best bet is to use a remastered version of Knoppix which has the driver for one of those cards pre-installed.
Or try a PCI network card and disable the onboard ones in the bios.
OK.
But... where I can find a remastered version of Knoppix which has the driver for nforce2 board??
I've found OVERCLOCKIX http://overclockix.octeams.com/ , but it is said that it comes from Knoppix 3.4!!?!?!?!! Some one knows if it works correctly? thanks
Umm... 3.3 2004-02-16 (currently the latest official version) contains the forcedeth drivers so it should also work.Originally Posted by arkaine23
Overclockix "Technomancer" is based on Knoppix 3.2 and has the non-GPL nforce drivers directly from nvidia. The 3.3 version of Knoppix mentoned should also work.
Overclockix 3.4 is still in development and is based on the recent unofficial Cebit magazine release of Knoppix. (It has supports Nforce2 in its 2.4 kernel). There are still bugs though so I don't recommend this version yet.
-Overclockix developer
...mmmm ok. The solution is using tecnomancer, the newest version. Isn't it?
Thanks
3.4 is the newest, but is still beta and has some odd problems. Technomancer was updated recently so all the apps that matter should be up-to-date.
There are some other remasters with the driver you need- ClusterKnoppix, Kanotix, and Morphix as well as a 3.3 version of ordinary knoppix (2-16-04) which had the GPL forcedeth nforce driver.

Commodore 1750 512K RAM Expansion REU for C128 / C64 – Tested & Working
$110.00
TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded
$89.50
Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW
$11.99
Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99
Commodore 128 C128 Computer FOR PARTS / REPAIR Untested Missing Key No Cords
$149.99
Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA
$10.49
Commodore 64 C64 Computer & RF TV Switch Cable UNTESTED NO POWER SUPPLY AS IS
$104.99
Commodore 1541 Emulator PI1541 HAT with ROTARY, OLED screen, USA Seller
$29.99
RARE Commodore MPS801 Printer - 1st printer for the 64 - powers on
$70.00
Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99