Hello,
I would like to use an old computer on which I have installed knoppix as a back up in a small home network (ie I would like to be able to save file on the knoppix machine via the lan).
My network
DSL----GTW (DHCP)-------Computer 1 (XP pro)----computer 2 (XP home)----Knoppix
Backround
When I connect several MS computers on the lan, they find each others and the small network is setup automaticaly. I have just to decide what folders / machine will be shared
Question
What do I have to do to connect Knoppix to this network (by default MSHOME) and allow the other machines to read/write on Knoppix folders
Thanks,
Yann

Vintage Apple Computer "I AM AN APPLE PROGRAMMER" Pinback Button 2 1/8" 1980s
$29.99
Vintage Desktop No Brand-Pentium 4-512MB Ram 40GB HDD ATI R200 Fire GFx OS W98E
$139.99
Vintage Iwill XA100 Plus Super Socket 7 Motherboard + K6-III 450 + 896mb READ
$179.99
RARE-Vintage Emachines Monster 500A-Pentium III-256MB Ram 4.3GB HDD No OS *READ*
$299.99
Vintage Qume QUMETRAK 142 5.25" 5 1/4" floppy drive - Untested
$55.00
Vintage Microsoft Windows NT Workstation 3.51 CD SEALED
$145.00
VINTAGE Silicon Graphics SGI IRIS Indigo R3000 CMNB003 New Battery No Hard Drive
$999.99
Vintage LMSI Type CM-205 LMS CM205 CD ROM Drive With Cables Untested
$100.00
Vintage NEC CDR-1410A 50 Pin SCSI CD-ROM Optical Drive Used
$39.99
Vintage HP Pavilion XT963-Intel [email protected] 128MB Ram 40GB HDD Windows XP
$109.99