Okay, the script has been reviewed and improved so now it actually does work.
![]()
It autodetects private network ranges 10.x.x.x, 192.168.x.x and 172.16.x.x-172.32.x.x
Do try it, lisa is actually quite good stuff.
Okay!
I've written a script to wake up lisa. It must be run as root, or else lisa won't start correctly. I'd be glad if you could test it a little. For it to work, it needs correctly set up network card.
here's the link: http://users.volja.net/zejnovi/lissetup.sh
Just do this in console:
wget http://users.volja.net/zejnovi/lissetup.sh
chmod +x lissetup.sh
./lissetup.sh
Okay, the script has been reviewed and improved so now it actually does work.
![]()
It autodetects private network ranges 10.x.x.x, 192.168.x.x and 172.16.x.x-172.32.x.x
Do try it, lisa is actually quite good stuff.
I tried your script and it apparently worked since Lisa reports it running on port 7741. But when I try to browse LAN's KDE report that Lisa isn't running. What a bitch that Lisa is! What the purpose for Lisa anyway?
what is lisa? a quick google did not turn up anything (on the first page at least)...
Lisa is a browser for lan, it checks for fish(ssh), ftp, smb, http access on remote computers and shows them by IP. It's not in google, though.Originally Posted by sn0wflake
How did you browse? it's having some problems if you type lan:// directly in konqueror.. tried in Network browsing? It should work.
I browsed the LAN by lan://I have to type smb:// and now it works
![]()
Did you look under services sidebar in konqueror and tried network browsingOriginally Posted by sn0wflake
I'm new to Linux with Knoppix 3.4, but this seems brilliant. I clicked on the "Services" button at the bottom of the left-hand toolbar in Konqueror, then "LAN Browser", and I'm browsing through the shared folders on my LAN-connected Windows XP Home machine.
Thanks very much for posting this. If there's another easy way to browse Windows SMB shared folders from Knoppix, I don't know what it is. (Anyone who does, feel free to post it).
This is a nice short script. Any chance of getting Klaus Knopper to include it on the cd, with a menu item to start it as root?
In the meantime, how about a live-install via Fabian Franz's "Knoppix-Live Installer"? Inclusion on the cd would be ideal, since an internet connection isn't always available, but a live-install setup would be very nice too.
Thanks again,
David.
wget http://users.volja.net/zejnovi/lissetup.sh && chmod +x lissetup.sh && sudo ./lissetup.sh
This one-liner will download and run the script as root a bit more smoothly than the three-liner at the top of this thread.
Just copy the whole line and paste it into a shell at the command prompt (use SHIFT-Insert key to paste in Konsole). There's no need to switch to root manually. I'd still like to see lissetup as a menu item on the cd, though, under "KNOPPIX" -> "Network/Internet" or "Utilities."
Once you have the script downloaded to your persistent home dir, you can run it again (after rebooting, for example) with
sudo ./lissetup.sh
Thanks again for a very helpful script.
Ok, as you've written a fairly useful script, that would good fit toOriginally Posted by mkklavz
Knoppix-Menu/Utilities, you will now have to learn how to make a debian package.
In earlier times I have made packages for several scripts, but as my time gets less and less and we want more developers and not less.
For inclusion Klaus will need such a package.
Ok,
take a look at:
http://debian.tu-bs.de/knoppix/CeBit....1.orig.tar.gz
http://debian.tu-bs.de/knoppix/CeBit..._0.1-1.diff.gz
http://debian.tu-bs.de/knoppix/CeBit...nfig_0.1-1.dsc
Use:
[code]
dpkg-source -x *.dsc
[/code
to create the directory with the applied patch, look at the patch to see what needs to be done to make a debian package.
How to make a debian package in shortest form:
- Create sourcedir with version number
- Create makefile with default: empty-section and install:-section
Look at the diff and see if its appropriate.Code:dh_make # edit / remove files in debian/ subdirectory debuild
See also http://www.debian.org/devel/
cu
Fabian

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested
$149.99
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95
Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4
$39.00
Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99
HGST HUS726060ALE610 0F23001 6TB HDD 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s 7.2K Hard Drive (V6315)
$69.95
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99
Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99