I done some programming in UNIX and I hope to port it over to Linux. What should I do? I am new to Linux. Need to use for programming and web access. What are the steps to d so? Does Knoppix comes with gcc, perl and web access(e.g. setup webserver)?
I done some programming in UNIX and I hope to port it over to Linux. What should I do? I am new to Linux. Need to use for programming and web access. What are the steps to d so? Does Knoppix comes with gcc, perl and web access(e.g. setup webserver)?
Yes to all 3![]()
You might like to see if there's a compatable gcc on your *nix system. From (ancient) memory, it's nice to check that the code compiles on gcc on the original platform before trying to port it over -- it rules out compiler quirks.
On my *nix course I used to drive everyone nuts by insisting on using bash instead of ksh and gcc instead of whatever compiler HP-UX has as default.
So what are the steps to setup the web server? Does it have CGI?
It's Apache. CGI is available (although very much out of fashion). Just get hold of the Apache documentation: it's all there.
Can anyone help me? I was trying to compile in Knoppix, but I got the following error. When I did it in Sun Solaris, it was ok. What is wrong?
g++ -c stopword.cpp
In file included from stopword.cpp:3:
stopword.h:6:20: hash_set: No such file or directory
In file included from /usr/include/c++/3.3/backward/fstream.h:31,
from stopword.h:7,
from stopword.cpp:3:
/usr/include/c++/3.3/backward/backward_warning.h:32:2: warning: #warning This file includes at least one deprecated or antiquated header. Please consider using one of the 32 headers found in section 17.4.1.2 of the C++ standard. Examples include substituting the <X> header for the <X.h> header for C++ includes, or <sstream> instead of the deprecated header <strstream.h>. To disable this warning use -Wno-deprecated.
In file included from stopword.cpp:3:
stopword.h:19: error: `hash' was not declared in this scope
stopword.h:19: error: parse error before `char'
stopword.cpp: In member function `void CStopWord::load(char*)':
stopword.cpp:16: error: `ios' undeclared (first use this function)
stopword.cpp:16: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once for
each function it appears in.)
stopword.cpp:16: error: parse error before `::' token
stopword.cpp:19: error: request for member `fail' in `stopwordFile', which is
of non-aggregate type `std::fstream ()(...)'
stopword.cpp:21: error: `cout' undeclared (first use this function)
stopword.cpp:29: error: request for member `getline' in `stopwordFile', which
is of non-aggregate type `std::fstream ()(...)'
stopword.cpp:39: error: `stopwordSet' undeclared (first use this function)
stopword.cpp: In member function `bool CStopWord::lookup(const char*)':
stopword.cpp:49: error: `hash_set' undeclared (first use this function)
stopword.cpp:49: error: parse error before `char'
stopword.cpp:50: error: `it' undeclared (first use this function)
Take a look at:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=38190
Good Luck!
Regards,
AJG
what are the changes that I need to make?
It can't seem to find hash_set which is a library file.
"stopword.h:6:20: hash_set: No such file or directory"
It could be one of several packages if you are installed to the HD then you should check to see if you have them installed, the search at http://packages.debian.org.Originally Posted by outsider
http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/s...se=insensitive
g++ requires
using namespace std;
are you including this line?
Regards,
AJG

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00
Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00
DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29
Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95
SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99
Atari 520ST Vintage Home Computer Keyboard Unit
$199.97
Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00
VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair
$323.75
ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm
$48.95