Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Many Hard drive installation issues

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    10 0 11 0 0 02
    Posts
    7

    Many Hard drive installation issues

    The live CD works perfectly. But, I have issues on knx-hdinstall:
    1. How can I get rid of Red Hat's LILO splash. It's either in the MBR or root HD.
    2. When I install Knoppix to the HD, I receive and error that flashes to quickly for me to copy. It is something about not being able to cp becasue of an unfound folder. Can I retrieve a log file with these quick error messagaes?
    3. Many hardware devices are unfound during HD KDE bootup: sound and again a window pops-up but is too quick for me to read.
    4. Thanks for any and all help.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    25

    Re: Many Hard drive installation issues

    Quote Originally Posted by DrWhom
    The live CD works perfectly. But, I have issues on knx-hdinstall:
    1. How can I get rid of Red Hat's LILO splash. It's either in the MBR or root HD.
    2. When I install Knoppix to the HD, I receive and error that flashes to quickly for me to copy. It is something about not being able to cp becasue of an unfound folder. Can I retrieve a log file with these quick error messagaes?
    3. Many hardware devices are unfound during HD KDE bootup: sound and again a window pops-up but is too quick for me to read.
    4. Thanks for any and all help.
    I'm going to take a stab at it ...
    If Knoppix runs fine from CD, then it should be okay to install. But use "knoppix-installer" instead and follow the installation steps, which include formatting your existing Linux partition/s, choosing swap and /, and installing a fresh copy of Lilo to the master boot record if you want to overwrite the RH install. Follow these steps and everything should turn out fine. Report back if they don't.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    10 0 11 0 0 02
    Posts
    7
    Success! I totally wiped the hard drive using MS-DOS debug. This appears to have been the key. Thank all!

    DrWhom

Similar Threads

  1. Installing Programs on Knoppix Hard Drive Installation
    By HLS in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-11-2005, 02:43 AM
  2. One last hard drive installation problem.
    By mentalalien2002 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-21-2004, 03:05 PM
  3. Hard drive install - issues
    By gradnite in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-09-2004, 12:40 AM
  4. Kppp issues with CD vs. Hard Drive booting (3.3)
    By C. Alexander in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-23-2004, 02:38 AM
  5. A list of changes on a hard drive installation
    By rickenbacherus in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-21-2003, 10:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1

$56.99



SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE picture

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE

$214.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive

$39.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$549.00



SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps picture

SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps

$37.99



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health picture

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health

$24.00



2TB Internal SSD M.2 2280 M.2 SATA III Black Model/MPN SSD2TBM2 picture

2TB Internal SSD M.2 2280 M.2 SATA III Black Model/MPN SSD2TBM2

$125.00



HAJAAN 1TB 2.5

HAJAAN 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD SED Black for Laptop/PC

$60.00



KIOXIA KBG6AZNV512G 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD — TESTED & READY TO USE picture

KIOXIA KBG6AZNV512G 512GB M.2 NVMe SSD — TESTED & READY TO USE

$58.99