Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: from knoppix to debian.

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2

    from knoppix to debian.

    Hi, I found knoppix as a good way to install debian. In addition, I have been using it some time ago. There is a thing that I do not like. When I install it and updates it with the default source list, there are some packs that is not at debians mirrors, I am talking about all *. Knoppix. So can there be a better way for installing knoppix on the hd and updating to debian?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands
    Posts
    298

    Re: from knoppix to debian.

    Quote Originally Posted by grupsapa
    Hi, I found knoppix as a good way to install debian. In addition, I have been using it some time ago. There is a thing that I do not like. When I install it and updates it with the default source list, there are some packs that is not at debians mirrors, I am talking about all *. Knoppix. So can there be a better way for installing knoppix on the hd and updating to debian?
    I think most of these packages can be safely removed, some might be replacing debian packages (so they need to be replaced by the debian equivalent) - I'm confident you can use synaptic to do this easily.

    but I agree, it whould be nice if you whould write a script to do this automatically (in presence of an inet connection) so fabian might add this to his famous installer

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: from knoppix to debian.

    Quote Originally Posted by Superstoned
    I think most of these packages can be safely removed, some might be replacing debian packages (so they need to be replaced by the debian equivalent) - I'm confident you can use synaptic to do this easily.
    One you can not remove is the Knoppix sysvinit although it is fairly easy once you know how I have a page to show you how to do it. You have to be careful about one of the other scripts as well it controls the icons in KDE never got around to figuring out that one though.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2
    well, I have found that others people have the same ideas that I have.

    On #debian at irc.freenode

    "<dpkg> knoppixquestion is, like, i guess knoppixquestion is We're here to help with Debian questions. Not Knoppix questions. Ask me about knoppix2debian to learn how to convert your knoppix hard drive install to a Debian one, and then we'll help. If you don't want to do that, go to #knoppix.
    <me> knoppix2debian
    <dpkg> from memory, knoppix2debian is http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2251
    "
    But does anyone know how others distroes, that are "based on" do it?

Similar Threads

  1. knoppix -> debian-like -> debian
    By macherb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-18-2004, 07:41 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-27-2004, 12:21 AM
  3. Knoppix vs Debian
    By manatarms1775 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-19-2004, 05:01 AM
  4. HOWTO fix debian or knoppix/debian for Russian fonts
    By datakid in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-07-2003, 07:46 AM
  5. More Fun with Knoppix/Debian
    By hw-tph in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-20-2003, 08:51 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED

$34.95



Cisco 8861 Gigabit IP Phone Phone 5-line business-class VoIP Wifi Bluetooth picture

Cisco 8861 Gigabit IP Phone Phone 5-line business-class VoIP Wifi Bluetooth

$39.99



Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019 picture

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019

$49.99



Yealink SIP-T46S IP Phone - Black picture

Yealink SIP-T46S IP Phone - Black

$20.00



Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply picture

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply

$25.00



Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H picture

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H

$19.99



Lot of 2 OPEN BOX Cisco IP Phone CP-8841 5 Line Gigabit VoIP Phone CP-8841-K9= picture

Lot of 2 OPEN BOX Cisco IP Phone CP-8841 5 Line Gigabit VoIP Phone CP-8841-K9=

$189.99



Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone picture

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone

$49.28



Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included picture

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included

$27.99



Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth picture

Yealink MP54 - VoIP Phone - Black Teams phone Android POE WIFI Bluetooth

$49.95