-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: from knoppix to debian.

Originally Posted by
grupsapa
Hi, I found knoppix as a good way to install debian. In addition, I have been using it some time ago. There is a thing that I do not like. When I install it and updates it with the default source list, there are some packs that is not at debians mirrors, I am talking about all *. Knoppix. So can there be a better way for installing knoppix on the hd and updating to debian?
I think most of these packages can be safely removed, some might be replacing debian packages (so they need to be replaced by the debian equivalent) - I'm confident you can use synaptic to do this easily.
but I agree, it whould be nice if you whould write a script to do this automatically (in presence of an inet connection) so fabian might add this to his famous installer
Similar Threads
-
By macherb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 18
Last Post: 07-18-2004, 07:41 PM
-
By trivas7 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-27-2004, 12:21 AM
-
By manatarms1775 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-19-2004, 05:01 AM
-
By datakid in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-07-2003, 07:46 AM
-
By hw-tph in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-20-2003, 08:51 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.58