-
Problems Speedtouch 330 - KNOPPIX_V3.3-2004-02-16-EN
Hi,
I think I am going mad.....
I have tried just about all the howtos on the internet to get my Alcatel Speedtouch 330 ADSL modem (Speed Touch 330 revision 4) to work with KNOPPIX_V3.3-2004-02-16-EN running from CD and have had just about as much luck as I have with women, hehehe.
My problem is as follows, assuming I use the process outlined in http://christophe.delord.free.fr/en/adsl/debian.html which claims to be compatible with Knoppix 3.3. I follow all the instructions, and finally run the script adsl. The script runs fine until the end without error but gives me:
Error: the connection doesn't work?
so I tried doing a bit of homework:
doing a cat /proc/bus/usb/devices I get
T: Bus=03 Lev=01 Prnt=01 Port=00 Cnt=01 Dev#= 2 Spd=12 MxCh= 0
D: Ver= 1.10 Cls=ff(vend.) Sub=00 Prot=00 MxPS= 8 #Cfgs= 1
P: Vendor=06b9 ProdID=4061 Rev= 4.00
S: Manufacturer=THOMSON
S: Product=Speed Touch 330
S: SerialNumber=0090D0C86BA5
C:* #Ifs= 3 Cfg#= 1 Atr=80 MxPwr=500mA
I: If#= 0 Alt= 0 #EPs= 1 Cls=ff(vend.) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=(none)
E: Ad=81(I) Atr=03(Int.) MxPS= 16 Ivl=50ms
I: If#= 1 Alt= 0 #EPs= 0 Cls=ff(vend.) Sub=00 Prot=00 Driver=speedtch
.......
so knoppix sees my modem.
Doing a lsmod I get:
Module Size Used by Not tainted
n_hdlc 6144 0 (unused)
speedtch 8720 0 (unused)
crc32 2816 0 [speedtch]
atm 34036 0 [speedtch]
usb-uhci 21836 0 (unused)
usbcore 57472 1 [speedtch usb-uhci]
......
and all the necessary modules seem to be there.
As soon as I connect the modem the green leds light continuously, the right one being dimmer. On termination of the above script, if I listen in on the line there is no communication occuring from the modem. Shouldn't the modem synchronize if the microcode has been uploaded???
In windows all of thos works wonderfully, if only with knoppix.....
Anyone got any ideas of what my problem could be??? Anyone got this version of knoppix to work with this modem?
Any help much appreciated.
Rekkie
Similar Threads
-
By amir in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-07-2005, 10:39 PM
-
By Christopher in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-24-2004, 12:05 AM
-
By shawngiese in forum The Lounge
Replies: 11
Last Post: 08-26-2004, 02:19 AM
-
Replies: 16
Last Post: 05-14-2004, 11:06 AM
-
Replies: 8
Last Post: 03-19-2004, 09:18 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

ADATA XPG Lancer Blade RGB 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Desktop RAM Black
$429.94

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

NEW IN BOX - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb (2x16gb) DDR6200 CL36 CMH32GX5M2B6200C3
$550.00

LOT OF 4 Samsung 16GB DDR4-2666 ECC UDIMM 2Rx8 PC4-21300 M391A2K43BB1-CTDQ
$469.95

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00