Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Adding AFS configuration to a Knoppix cluster

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    6

    Adding AFS configuration to a Knoppix cluster

    Hi there.

    Thank to the very easy to use Knoppix cluster distribution (my compliments) I succeeded to build a 3 machines Knoppix Cluster (same models, same hd and partitions and so on).

    I have :
    1st partition ext3 (hda1) : around 4 Gb for Knoppix
    2nd partition (hda2) : around 0,5 Gb swap
    3rd partition ext3 (hda5) : around 15 Gb.

    For redundacy and high availability purposes, I want to use the 3rd partition on two machines for cloning the same partition of the other machine (which will be a file server).

    I choosed to use AFS networking configuration but I do not know if it is compatible with my clustering environment.

    Before starting to try it : is there anyone who already build such configuration?

    Lidio

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1
    Hi,
    I am also interested in connecting to AFS network. Linux executables of programs I need to run are stored on an afs network. Is knoppix capable of connecting to AFS??

    Thanks in advance
    -osman

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    6
    Hi,
    sorry, I have not yet started trying AFS.
    Anyway I believe that AFS client should work on Knoppix, and probably will be the first thing I'll try. So do you know any public AFS cell to connect to and test the client?

    Ciao.

    Lidio

Similar Threads

  1. cluster knoppix: '/proc/hpc not exist'??
    By antec in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-11-2005, 07:08 PM
  2. How to test whether knoppix cluster works?
    By new~bie in forum General Support
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-20-2004, 04:04 AM
  3. New Cluster Knoppix Released
    By dolphin in forum News
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 06-01-2004, 09:51 PM
  4. Anyone built a Knoppix cluster?
    By UselessPython in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-08-2003, 06:38 AM
  5. A question about Knoppix Cluster!
    By estranged in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-28-2003, 03:48 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON picture

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON

$28.80



SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE picture

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE

$214.99



Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive

$39.99



Kingston 128GB M.2 SATA III SSD  picture

Kingston 128GB M.2 SATA III SSD

$13.00



M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health picture

M.2 SATA SSD 2280 128GB 256GB 512GB major brands | Very Good health

$35.99



Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1

$59.99



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps picture

SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps

$37.99



Netac 1TB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6 Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s MAC/PC picture

Netac 1TB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6 Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s MAC/PC

$109.99



KingSpec SSD 2.5

KingSpec SSD 2.5" SATA3 Internal Solid State Drive for PC,Laptop,Mac

$60.00