-
Adding AFS configuration to a Knoppix cluster
Hi there.
Thank to the very easy to use Knoppix cluster distribution (my compliments) I succeeded to build a 3 machines Knoppix Cluster (same models, same hd and partitions and so on).
I have :
1st partition ext3 (hda1) : around 4 Gb for Knoppix
2nd partition (hda2) : around 0,5 Gb swap
3rd partition ext3 (hda5) : around 15 Gb.
For redundacy and high availability purposes, I want to use the 3rd partition on two machines for cloning the same partition of the other machine (which will be a file server).
I choosed to use AFS networking configuration but I do not know if it is compatible with my clustering environment.
Before starting to try it : is there anyone who already build such configuration?
Lidio
-
Hi,
I am also interested in connecting to AFS network. Linux executables of programs I need to run are stored on an afs network. Is knoppix capable of connecting to AFS??
Thanks in advance
-osman
-
Hi,
sorry, I have not yet started trying AFS.
Anyway I believe that AFS client should work on Knoppix, and probably will be the first thing I'll try. So do you know any public AFS cell to connect to and test the client?
Ciao.
Lidio
Similar Threads
-
By antec in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-11-2005, 07:08 PM
-
By new~bie in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 12-20-2004, 04:04 AM
-
Replies: 19
Last Post: 06-01-2004, 09:51 PM
-
By UselessPython in forum The Lounge
Replies: 10
Last Post: 10-08-2003, 06:38 AM
-
By estranged in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-28-2003, 03:48 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)
$399.95

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$484.99

Dell PowerEdge R730 8 Bay Server 64Gb 1x80Gb SSD 3x900Gb SAS 2x12c v4CPU Proxmox
$620.00

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95

New Dell PowerEdge Server R360 Xeon E-2488 3.2G 16GB RAM 4X800GB SSD 6x600GB SAS
$3890.00