Hi,
I am also interested in connecting to AFS network. Linux executables of programs I need to run are stored on an afs network. Is knoppix capable of connecting to AFS??
Thanks in advance
-osman
Hi there.
Thank to the very easy to use Knoppix cluster distribution (my compliments) I succeeded to build a 3 machines Knoppix Cluster (same models, same hd and partitions and so on).
I have :
1st partition ext3 (hda1) : around 4 Gb for Knoppix
2nd partition (hda2) : around 0,5 Gb swap
3rd partition ext3 (hda5) : around 15 Gb.
For redundacy and high availability purposes, I want to use the 3rd partition on two machines for cloning the same partition of the other machine (which will be a file server).
I choosed to use AFS networking configuration but I do not know if it is compatible with my clustering environment.
Before starting to try it : is there anyone who already build such configuration?
Lidio
Hi,
I am also interested in connecting to AFS network. Linux executables of programs I need to run are stored on an afs network. Is knoppix capable of connecting to AFS??
Thanks in advance
-osman
Hi,
sorry, I have not yet started trying AFS.
Anyway I believe that AFS client should work on Knoppix, and probably will be the first thing I'll try. So do you know any public AFS cell to connect to and test the client?
Ciao.
Lidio

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
P43330-0A1 HPE 32GB 2RX8 PC5-4800B DDR5 SERVER RAM P43328-B21 / HMCG88MEBRA107N
$1100.00
2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder
$3.99
MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6E1 | 32GB PC4-2666V ECC RDIMM Server RAM
$184.95
Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM
$10.99
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
SK Hynix 128GB (4 x 32GB) PC4-2400T DDR4 ECC Server Memory HMA84GR7MFR4N-UH
$649.95
SKhynix 64GB DDR5 PC5-4800B SERVER Memory RAM HMCG94MEBRA103N
$390.00
2 Pack USB C SD TF Card Reader Adapter Zinc Alloy USB-C to USB for iPhone 15-17
$3.35
x4 Intel 128GB NMB1XXD128GPS Optane Memory 200 Series PMEM Module 3200 DDR4 RAM
$329.99