-
Senior Member
registered user
OOPs, I forgot about this thread!
Anyway, once I set-up the dlink as explained above, how do I know my IP address at home? I use a cable modem, so I suppose I'm on a DHCP LAN from the cable company.
The IP wouldn't be that 24.... I get from ifconfig when I pull out the router, would it? BTW, I'd rather not pull it out. Is there somewhere I can logon to and it will tell me what my IP is? Oh, got it: http://checkip.dyndns.org/
OK, so I set up a virtual server using private ip 192.168.0.101 and TCP protocol for http (a web server), but what ports do I set?
TIA,
AJG
Similar Threads
-
By silence in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-14-2004, 08:40 PM
-
By nicorellius in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-09-2004, 09:15 PM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 03-10-2004, 08:35 PM
-
By RE Dude in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-03-2004, 04:37 PM
-
By mr_dellarenta in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-11-2003, 02:24 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$44.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

TP-Link Omada SG3428 24-Port Gigabit L2+ Managed Switch 4x SFP w/ Ears
$99.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP
$127.00