Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 13 of 13

Thread: Accessing home PC from work?

  1. #11
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    788
    My idea, never try it yet because I don't work....don't have pc at work
    I would run nxserver on my home pc and nxclient on my home pc.
    Then I will register my home pc to any free dynamic dns server out there ex: no-ip.com or dydns.org. I prefer no-ip because it has script that will update the ip everytime I boot my home pc.
    This way I can check my home pc ip remotely ( from work pc ) by logging in to their site. I did this for apache. http://checkip.dyndns.org/ only good if you want to check your existing pc 's ip.

  2. #12
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    OK, thanx for all the help - its all working like a charm!

    In fact, my students and I can ssh into a KNOPPIX server at work to do home work.

    In addition, now we can login to a KNOPPIX server I setup at home so we can get by the school filters when we must (for educational purposes only)!

    Wow, this is actualy my thousandth post!

    Regards,
    AJG

  3. #13
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    65
    I have a D-Link 624 router also. And I would like to connect from my Linux home computer to my work's Windows computer. I can connect just fine using VNC. And I can connect using SSH. What I have yet to figure out is how to use both so that my VNC connection is secure. When I connect under SSH all I get on the work computer is a command prompt, I need a GUI.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Accessing "My Documents" folder on WinXP Home with
    By silence in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-14-2004, 08:40 PM
  2. Connecting to home linux box from work xp pro
    By nicorellius in forum Networking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-09-2004, 09:15 PM
  3. Access work PC from home?
    By A. Jorge Garcia in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-10-2004, 08:35 PM
  4. Accessing files in HOME directory?
    By RE Dude in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-03-2004, 04:37 PM
  5. Accessing my home dirctory on / partition
    By mr_dellarenta in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-11-2003, 02:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$95.20



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB

$149.99



Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric picture

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric

$174.99



Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays picture

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays

$799.99



HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5

HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5"x2 Server Blade SEE NOTES

$21.08



Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU picture

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU

$197.76



Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis

$274.99



Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS

$578.08



AS IS READ DESCRIP. Supermicro SuperServer 6026TT-HIBQRF 12-Bay 4x X8DTT-HIBQF picture

AS IS READ DESCRIP. Supermicro SuperServer 6026TT-HIBQRF 12-Bay 4x X8DTT-HIBQF

$215.00