Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: videos on web sites?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    13

    videos on web sites?

    Dear friends,
    Obviously one cannot watch the real player only clips, but what about the wmp ones? Is there no way to have, as they say, a media rich experience in linux?
    I have become used to knoppix, and it seems a shame to have to reboot into windows to watch a dvd or see the weatherreport.
    Any ideas?
    Appropos dvd, since i have a separate dvd drive and cdrw, I often boot with the knoppix cd in the cdrw, and have tried to play movies on xine. No luck. Any one able to do that yet?

    Best,
    M

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    I got windows media to play on a Red Hat box with the Codeweavers Plugin (not free). I haven't tried it on a knoppix install.

    As far as the DVD issue goes, I recommend using Ogle rather than Xine. I got Xine to work once, but i've found it to be a bit buggy.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041
    --Xine doesn't do auto-repeat, either. At least not that I know of...

    Quote Originally Posted by aay
    I got windows media to play on a Red Hat box with the Codeweavers Plugin (not free). I haven't tried it on a knoppix install.

    As far as the DVD issue goes, I recommend using Ogle rather than Xine. I got Xine to work once, but i've found it to be a bit buggy.

Similar Threads

  1. MDMA Sites
    By redbiro in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-22-2004, 10:18 PM
  2. getting booted from java sites?
    By nachral in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-17-2003, 04:33 AM
  3. Viewing videos
    By dmedici in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-13-2003, 01:13 PM
  4. I can't see videos with xine.
    By JLJR in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-30-2003, 03:22 PM
  5. cannot access on some web sites
    By hadrien001 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-02-2003, 08:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



32GB KIT (2x16GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 - 288 pin DESKTOP Non ECC - Black/Gold picture

32GB KIT (2x16GB) DDR4 2666MHz PC4-21300 - 288 pin DESKTOP Non ECC - Black/Gold

$121.00



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK picture

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK

$799.00



Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory picture

Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory

$189.00



Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V picture

Crucial DDR3L 16GB 2 x 8GB 1600 MHz PC3L-12800 Laptop RAM Sodimm Memory 1.35V

$41.00



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



Used Computer RAM - This Is For Multiple Sticks Of RAM picture

Used Computer RAM - This Is For Multiple Sticks Of RAM

$120.00



Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1 picture

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1

$399.00