Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: videos on web sites?

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    13

    videos on web sites?

    Dear friends,
    Obviously one cannot watch the real player only clips, but what about the wmp ones? Is there no way to have, as they say, a media rich experience in linux?
    I have become used to knoppix, and it seems a shame to have to reboot into windows to watch a dvd or see the weatherreport.
    Any ideas?
    Appropos dvd, since i have a separate dvd drive and cdrw, I often boot with the knoppix cd in the cdrw, and have tried to play movies on xine. No luck. Any one able to do that yet?

    Best,
    M

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    1,353
    I got windows media to play on a Red Hat box with the Codeweavers Plugin (not free). I haven't tried it on a knoppix install.

    As far as the DVD issue goes, I recommend using Ogle rather than Xine. I got Xine to work once, but i've found it to be a bit buggy.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    USA, IL
    Posts
    1,041
    --Xine doesn't do auto-repeat, either. At least not that I know of...

    Quote Originally Posted by aay
    I got windows media to play on a Red Hat box with the Codeweavers Plugin (not free). I haven't tried it on a knoppix install.

    As far as the DVD issue goes, I recommend using Ogle rather than Xine. I got Xine to work once, but i've found it to be a bit buggy.

Similar Threads

  1. MDMA Sites
    By redbiro in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-22-2004, 10:18 PM
  2. getting booted from java sites?
    By nachral in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-17-2003, 04:33 AM
  3. Viewing videos
    By dmedici in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-13-2003, 01:13 PM
  4. I can't see videos with xine.
    By JLJR in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-30-2003, 03:22 PM
  5. cannot access on some web sites
    By hadrien001 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-02-2003, 08:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2 picture

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2

$81.99



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$60.00



New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW picture

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW

$120.00



NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue picture

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue

$225.77



RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro picture

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro

$81.99



RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4 picture

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4

$93.99



RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+ picture

RAM-GDS-DOCK-SAM88CPU RAM GDS® Tough-Dock™ for Samsung Tab A9+

$174.99



Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills) picture

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)

$57.99



Samsung 24

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping

$50.00



Lot of 50 Samsung PC4 32GB 2400T-R Server RAM Modules picture

Lot of 50 Samsung PC4 32GB 2400T-R Server RAM Modules

$8499.99