-
transfere files from Knoppix to other PC (Windows)
I f**kd up my Windose Networking .... can`t connect (even IP is ok).
So now I want to rescue everything on the 30 GB HD - via network.
(Perhaps I should buy a 40 GB USB-HD???)
OK ... I connect 2 PC (one XP) and one Knoppix via DHCP-router to eachother. How can I rescue/transfere the 30 GB with files on the PC running Knoppix to the other one???
I dont want "Backup-image", just keep all my file singel.
I was thinking about running a ftp-server on the windose PC ....
Is there any easy to use ftp-client in Knoppix?
I love TotalCommander (on windows 
Or is it possibile to use VNC for filetransfere?
Thanx for every help! KnutP/Norway (spreche auch Deutsch)
-
found out myselv
I found out myself .....
Most fast and easy is if the windowscomputer you want to accsess has SHARING enabled!
Just run the Konqueror and write
smb://HOST/SHARE
and you get connected as windows-2-windows!
Or ftp://ip-nummer .... and you can dump/fetch files on the remote-PC IF IT HAS A FTP-SERVER running.
But I'll go for the first .... just have to buy a new HD first!
THANKX for KNOPPIX dear Klaus Knopper
Similar Threads
-
By xetrex in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 11-05-2007, 06:30 AM
-
By richpodraza in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-02-2005, 04:37 AM
-
By method in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-18-2004, 05:32 PM
-
By Austin in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-05-2004, 10:44 PM
-
By npyang in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 12-18-2003, 09:19 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor
$79.00

Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$10.99

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00

Intel Core Ultra 5 235T SRQES CPU Processor Excellent Used Condition
$88.00

Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13 3.0 GHz Desktop CPU
$80.00

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

AMD Ryzen 5 9600X Processor (Zen 5) 6-Core 3.9GHz AM5 65W Desktop CPU
$169.99

PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99

Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0
$38.00