Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: transfere files from Knoppix to other PC (Windows)

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2

    transfere files from Knoppix to other PC (Windows)

    I f**kd up my Windose Networking .... can`t connect (even IP is ok).

    So now I want to rescue everything on the 30 GB HD - via network.
    (Perhaps I should buy a 40 GB USB-HD???)

    OK ... I connect 2 PC (one XP) and one Knoppix via DHCP-router to eachother. How can I rescue/transfere the 30 GB with files on the PC running Knoppix to the other one???
    I dont want "Backup-image", just keep all my file singel.

    I was thinking about running a ftp-server on the windose PC ....
    Is there any easy to use ftp-client in Knoppix?
    I love TotalCommander (on windows

    Or is it possibile to use VNC for filetransfere?



    Thanx for every help! KnutP/Norway (spreche auch Deutsch)

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2

    found out myselv

    I found out myself .....

    Most fast and easy is if the windowscomputer you want to accsess has SHARING enabled!

    Just run the Konqueror and write
    smb://HOST/SHARE
    and you get connected as windows-2-windows!


    Or ftp://ip-nummer .... and you can dump/fetch files on the remote-PC IF IT HAS A FTP-SERVER running.

    But I'll go for the first .... just have to buy a new HD first!

    THANKX for KNOPPIX dear Klaus Knopper

Similar Threads

  1. Crypt files with Knoppix and Windows?
    By xetrex in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-05-2007, 06:30 AM
  2. using knoppix to try to recover windows files
    By richpodraza in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-02-2005, 04:37 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-18-2004, 05:32 PM
  4. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-05-2004, 10:44 PM
  5. how to share files between knoppix and windows...
    By npyang in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-18-2003, 09:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Acer Aspire 14

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb

$441.77



Samsung T9 1TB, External (MU-PG1T0B/AM) Solid Slate Drive picture

Samsung T9 1TB, External (MU-PG1T0B/AM) Solid Slate Drive

$188.99



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$427.48



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$288.98



Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1694.85



Acer Aspire 16 16

Acer Aspire 16 16" Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V S2 16GB RAM 1TB SSD Arc Refurbished

$519.99



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot

$129.99



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$31.99



External SSD 1TB 2TB  Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.1 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$15.99