I'm about to install knoppix 3.3 onto my harddisk and first want to re-partition my hdd which has already windows xp on it and several partitions. When I try this with qtparted I get some error messages, and my question is:
should I worry? or is it safe to continue anyway...
Here is the message I get:
Code:knoppix@ttyp0[knoppix]$ sudo qtparted Error: msdos disk labels do not support partition names. Warning: The information sector has the wrong signature (74732065). Select cancel for now, and send in a bug report. If you're desperate, it's probably safe to ignore. Error: msdos disk labels do not support partition names. Warning: The information sector has the wrong signature (0). Select cancel for now, and send in a bug report. If you're desperate, it's probably safe to ignore. Error: msdos disk labels do not support partition names. Warning: The information sector has the wrong signature (0). Select cancel for now, and send in a bug report. If you're desperate, it's probably safe to ignore. Error: msdos disk labels do not support partition names. Warning: The information sector has the wrong signature (0). Select cancel for now, and send in a bug report. If you're desperate, it's probably safe to ignore.

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
$8.00
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$34.01