Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: problem to conect to a Router ZyXEL prestige 650H/HW series

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    1

    problem to conect to a Router ZyXEL prestige 650H/HW series

    Hi to everybody!
    I have a problem connecting to internet... I have a Ethernet 3COM 3C905C-TX PCI 10/100 and Knoppix detect it perfectly, but don't detect the router...

    Maybe I can put the Gateway of my router (192.168.1.1) and the IP of my PC in the LAN (192.168.1.2) and Maybe the Name? (Paskalina) manually, but I'm a user from Windows and Linux is a world to explore :P

    Do I need to burn the CD again with the Changes I made?

    Thanks for the help... I have a lot of interest in Linux... and it's my first step to evolutionate to a better OS

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479

    Re: problem to conect to a Router ZyXEL prestige 650H/HW ser

    Quote Originally Posted by Ninjasuperk
    Hi to everybody!
    I have a problem connecting to internet... I have a Ethernet 3COM 3C905C-TX PCI 10/100 and Knoppix detect it perfectly, but don't detect the router...

    Maybe I can put the Gateway of my router (192.168.1.1) and the IP of my PC in the LAN (192.168.1.2) and Maybe the Name? (Paskalina) manually, but I'm a user from Windows and Linux is a world to explore :P

    Do I need to burn the CD again with the Changes I made?

    Thanks for the help... I have a lot of interest in Linux... and it's my first step to evolutionate to a better OS
    In the knoppix menu choose netcardconfig or similar (not sure of menu name) decline the offer for DHCP and use static settings then enter in your information.

    Code:
    address 192.168.1.2
    netmask 255.255.255.0
    network 192.168.1.0
    broadcast 192.168.1.255
    gateway 192.168.1.1
    Then you need to know the DNS or nameserver(s) for your ISP that will be the last dialog if you have more than one enter them both on the only line available and separate them by a space and a ; eg. 192.168.1.10 ; 192.168.1.34. If you want the hostname set then you should open a console window (clam shell icon on the taskbar) and type in sudo gvim /etc/hostname and put it on a single line in the empty file and save do this first then enter in your network settings.

Similar Threads

  1. strange ping problem ( lan / router / wan )
    By CapNemo in forum Networking
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-13-2005, 09:58 PM
  2. Stupid ZyXel Prestige 630-C1 drivers.
    By \/\/inblowz in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-30-2005, 07:50 PM
  3. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-27-2005, 07:48 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-17-2005, 11:27 AM
  5. Wireless USB Zyxel Zyair B-220 not recognized
    By subTiTan in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-13-2004, 10:15 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$145.00



pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN picture

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN

$184.99



OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN

$258.00



SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED picture

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED

$999.99



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance

$155.75



Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall picture

Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall

$680.00



Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J picture

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J

$40.00



OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC picture

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC

$115.00



Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet picture

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet

$147.00



Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed picture

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed

$202.50