-
How do you change from KDE to Enlightenment?
Hi,
I've installed all the enlightement files via apt-get. I run update-alternatives --config x-window-manager and choose Enlightenment. I then get an error:
Using `/usr/bin/enlightenment' to provide `x-window-manager'.
update-alternatives: unable to make /etc/alternatives/x-window-manager.dpkg-tmp a symlink to /usr/bin/enlightenment: Permission denied
I run it as root and it works - yet startx as root still doesn't give me Enlightenment.
I know I'm doing something basic wrong - back in the old days I had to edit .xinitrc and so on. Is this the case for knoppix?
Thanks
Angie
Similar Threads
-
By Javier Belanche in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-04-2003, 10:40 PM
-
By yohanman in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-06-2003, 12:19 PM
-
By yohanman in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-16-2003, 07:01 AM
-
By yohanman in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-16-2003, 06:46 AM
-
By Guest in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-22-2002, 04:49 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95