-
Junior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
baldyeti
Since your first stage boot loader is the NT one, you need to copy your linux boot sector to your windows partition every time you re-run lilo. eg "dd if=/dev/hdb5 of=/mnt/hda1/linux.bs count=1", assuming hda1 is a writable windows partiton (vfat or ntfs with capture), and that linux.bs is the file to which you refer to in c:\boot.ini...
Thanks for the info. By the time that I'd read this, I had already horribly screwed up my Linux installation. I ended up reinstalling knoppix on the hard drive. I'm about to get new desk-top. So, I'm going to wait until then before I attempt to upgrade the kernel on this one.
Similar Threads
-
By tomjermy in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-17-2005, 01:07 AM
-
By Ewen in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 07-10-2004, 01:15 PM
-
By peeb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-06-2004, 07:11 AM
-
By JockVSJock in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-09-2004, 10:42 AM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-09-2003, 04:08 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

VTG Atari 400 Home Computer System ** Sold "AS-IS" for Parts or Repair
$88.75

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2
$70.00

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC
$40.00

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

ATARI HDD Drive ACSI Emulator 520-1040ST/STF/STFM, STE, Mega STE, TT030 acsi2stm
$48.95