I guess you can use gaim instead. it's available on the CD.
If you really want to use ymessenger ... you might have to do a remaster
Hi! How can I add on the KNOPPIX'S CD the file "ymessenger_1.0.4_1_i386.deb" of yahoo mesanger for Debian version?
I need use yahoo mesanger on live cd knoppix but I don't know woh!
I try knoppix for firs time yesterday, is very nice idea to do a cd live version ...
Somebody can help me please
Thank you!
------
6LX2 Lucky star bios
http://www.bios-lucky-star.tk/
I guess you can use gaim instead. it's available on the CD.
If you really want to use ymessenger ... you might have to do a remaster
Hi! thank you for reply.
I found the folow site about gaim: https://sourceforge.net/projects/gaim/
It supports multiple protocols via modules, including AIM, ICQ, Yahoo! .etc... but I need use on audio chat ... so I'll try this program but how can I compile the file ymessenger_1.0.4_1_i386.deb on the CD?
I know how masterize a CD but the problem is to make a CD live with included the yahoo messenger...
which program is used for make the big file on the CD live?
Thank you
![]()
Check the remastering how-to in the Docs section of this site. The big KNOPPIX file is copmpressed with cloop, and is made with mkisofs.
Sorry, but audio is not supported in the linux version of the Yahoo client. I think your only hope if you need audio can be found at the following link:
http://phpaint.sourceforge.net/pyvoi...ex_gyache.html
how does one install yahoo messenger properly on knoppix, and what version should i download? should i get a differant messenger instead?
If all you need is text, then just use gaim as mentioned above.Originally Posted by mrspy1001
Voice options are also listed above.
Gaim is also working on a video and version version. Right now it is forked off of Gaim proper, but I think it may be merged back into to Gaim when it's working better.
In any event you can check it out here.
Of course you will either have to remaster Knoppix or do a hd install in order to use this.
If you HAVE to use the Linux Yahoo client you can easily install it with Klik here
well, it's not a have to situation. i just prefere it. i am still new to knoppix, but learning quick. remastering it, at this point, is beyond me. thank you for the promp reply![]()
![]()
![]()
Hi specchio127 and All,
If you want to have a boot-able disk with a klik program
(like yahoo messenger) added permanently -- you may
want to consider grow-knoppix. This is easier than
remastering. However you need to use a DVD burner,
as a second drive, to make a boot-able DVD from your
knoppix version with the added programs from klik.
This is experimental so let me know if it is successful.
http://grow-knoppix.berlios.de
Best Wishes
paradocs

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$349.48
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00
EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC
$115.00