Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: NEWBE... Knoppix-mib-ppc GUI?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    East Lansing, Mi, USA
    Posts
    2

    NEWBE... Knoppix-mib-ppc GUI?

    Sorry I'm new to Linux. I'm trying to run Knoppix-mib-ppc beta pre 12 on my ibook G4. I ran it in Generic and got to the Knoppix:/dev# promt. How do I load the GUI? I tried KDEinit, but it said "Kdeinit: Aborting. $Display is not set."
    Thanks!

    -Droidking

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2
    I would like to know the same thing!

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    East Lansing, Mi, USA
    Posts
    2

    is there even a GUI?

    Is there a GUI for this distor? Because I know the Gentoo PPC LiveCD doesn't. Does any one know a good place to learn command line? A basic guide for a newbie.

Similar Threads

  1. Newbe--Ok lets try again on partition of HD for install
    By westcparts in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-22-2005, 04:52 AM
  2. ISO newbe wants to burn Knoppix CD, make good bootable CD
    By theonemonkeyman in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-22-2004, 01:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM picture

Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM

$10.99



G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 16GB Ram Kit picture

G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 16GB Ram Kit

$80.00



Team Group T-Create Expert RAM 32gb (2 x 16gb) 6000 Mhz DDR5 Desktop Memory Modu picture

Team Group T-Create Expert RAM 32gb (2 x 16gb) 6000 Mhz DDR5 Desktop Memory Modu

$399.95



Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz Memory Kit - 32GB (2x16GB) picture

Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz Memory Kit - 32GB (2x16GB)

$164.95



Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM picture

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM

$85.00



SK Hynix 128GB (4 x 32GB) PC4-2400T DDR4 ECC Server Memory HMA84GR7MFR4N-UH picture

SK Hynix 128GB (4 x 32GB) PC4-2400T DDR4 ECC Server Memory HMA84GR7MFR4N-UH

$649.95



Sk Hynix 8GB PC4-3200AA PC4-3200 260-Pin SO-DIMM Laptop RAM picture

Sk Hynix 8GB PC4-3200AA PC4-3200 260-Pin SO-DIMM Laptop RAM

$37.99



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total) picture

LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total)

$129.99



Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz picture

Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz

$175.00