I have an older omnibook 6000 that has an internal lan card. Recently I installed Knoppix 3.3 (6/2/2004). Everything works great except that in order for my linksys wifi card (ETH1) to connect I also need to be connected with my internal lan (ETH0). If I disconnect the internal nic (ETH0) and reboot, IfUp fails and so does the card config stuff.
After reviewing some docs and searching the internet I tried playing around with the settings in "interfaces" (removing ETH0/1 from auto and adding them to bootstrap.sh) but still no go. I did notice that when I boot with the Knoppix CD that it recognizes my wifi card as ETH0 so maybe there is something in some config got crossed up. I'm not experienced enough to know exactly where else to go to look (cardmgr?).
I'm still fairly n00b to linux (more familiar with Gentoo configs) and very n00b to knoppix/debian so AIA if this is not an appropriate question to post here.
Thanks,
E.

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Dell Constellation ES.3 3TB Enterprise-class Hard Drive (Wiped & Tested)
$39.00
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99
Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99
Seagate ST4000NM0034 Enterprise 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s HDD v4
$39.00
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s
$78.00
(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95