Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: how can I apply a kernel patch ?

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20

    how can I apply a kernel patch ?

    Hi there,
    I want to apply a couple of kernel patches but I am a bit unfamiliar with this kind of operation.
    Here is the situation: my Knoppix is the latest 3.3 version (2004-02-16) so the kernel is the 2.4.24-xfs.
    I have downloaded the corresponding sources from Klaus' server. They are unpacked in /usr/src/kernel-sources-2.4.24-xfs
    I now want to apply a patch ... what you be the command? do I have to change lilo.conf? boot.img?
    Thanks for your help

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20
    well ... i am afraid i'll need more than that ...

    basically i install the kernel sources, the patches I want to add
    then I patch with the knoppix-kernel.patch
    then make-kpkg --append-to-version=-20040310 --added-patches=mypatches kernel_image modules_image

    so far so good ... everything goes well

    the problem comes when i want to install this new kernel-image ...
    if i do dpkg --install with my new kernel ... i get an error saying "can't find /etc/fstab"

    any clue ?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    171
    create a blank text file /etc/fstab and rm it after remaster

Similar Threads

  1. Patch on Kernel of Knoppix
    By Frunktz in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-27-2005, 04:08 PM
  2. How do u patch a kernel?
    By Smoke187 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-25-2004, 12:58 AM
  3. nvidea kernel patch
    By ferreter in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-18-2003, 01:05 AM
  4. Knoppix-kernel.patch
    By ozfrog in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-21-2003, 04:30 PM
  5. Where's the KNOPPIX kernel patch
    By henriquegobbi in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-19-2003, 02:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45 picture

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45

$59.99



Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch picture

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch

$245.00



Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply picture

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply

$7299.99



Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99 picture

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99

$24.99



Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic picture

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic

$79.86



Juniper EX3400-48T-AFI Ethernet Network Switch 48x1GbE 4x10GbE SFP+ 2x40GbE QSFP picture

Juniper EX3400-48T-AFI Ethernet Network Switch 48x1GbE 4x10GbE SFP+ 2x40GbE QSFP

$139.00



Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord picture

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord

$174.99



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch

$79.99