Please post your /etc/lilo.conf
BTW, if you put Lilo on the Linux drive, don't you have to tell the bios to boot from that drive?
I am trying to do a knoppix hd install on an xp machine. I put in
a 2'nd hard drive so I could keep xp on its own disk. I formatted
the new drive as follows using cfdisk:
primary partition: 50 MB
logical: 3000MB
logical: 500MB
logical: 1000MB
I then did the knoppix install choosing to install lilo to partition instead
of master boot record. I created the boot disk. Rebooted computer
and when I select linux, or linux on hdb (i have 2 options for linux boot
on the menu - I assume they do the same thing) I get the following:
boot: Linux
Loading Linux
Error 0x07
Windows still boots ok with and without the boot disk.
Any help would be appreciated. I can cd to those directories on the
2'nd hard drive when I boot knoppix from the cd and it looks like
things were setup ok.
Brian
Please post your /etc/lilo.conf
BTW, if you put Lilo on the Linux drive, don't you have to tell the bios to boot from that drive?
I will have to wait until I get home to get the lilo.conf data.
I guess I was thinking if I am booting from the floppy I don't
have to tell the bios to boot from the hard drive - I thought that
was what the bootable floppy was for.
I do have one question - does the parition in which knoppix is
installed in have to be marked as bootable? I was thinking it
didn't if I was using the bootable floppy.
I did make one of the paritions on the 2'nd hard drive (where knoppix
is installed) bootable but there is nothing there currently - knoppix
was installed in the other partition.
Thanks for any info
Brian
Found the problem. I didn't realize this was really a lilo question.
Problem was new hard drive. Needed to turn on in bios. Thought
this was automagic since when I booted into windows (before
reformatting the drive) the drive showed up. :P

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$225.00
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99
IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1599.99
1 X IBM 720 POWER SERVER WITH 32 GB RAM
$344.97
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30
IBM 02CL197 FLASH SYSTEM 840-900 LITHIUM ION SERVER BATTERY MODULE 990854
$225.00
IBM EMC 091-000-091 17 Inch Rackmount LCD Keyboard KVM Console 03N7012
$109.99
IBM 74Y9340 Cache Battery *NEW* Li-ion
$64.00