Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Knoppix 3.3 CONFIG_PARPORT_PC Setting and VMWARE

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Earth,USA,New Jeresey,Matawan
    Posts
    3

    Knoppix 3.3 CONFIG_PARPORT_PC Setting and VMWARE

    I just did a hard-disk install of Knoppix 3.3 and I am
    about to install VMWARE. The VMWARE manual says that
    the real time clock must be compiled into the kernel and
    CONFIG_PARPORT_PC=m must have been used to compile the
    kernel.

    Maybe this is a general linux question, but how can I
    tell if the Knoppix3.3 "stock" kernel had CONFIG_PARPORT_PC
    set to m when it was compiled, or does anyone happen to
    know the answer?

    Also, any ideas on what problems I would hit in VMWARE if
    it was set to 'y' and I try it anyway? I suppose my
    parallel port won't work, which is OK, but any other
    side-effect problems possible? (Maybe this is more of
    a VMWARE question).

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Earth,USA,New Jeresey,Matawan
    Posts
    3
    I should add this is the Knoppix 3.3 2004-12-16 version.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Earth,USA,New Jeresey,Matawan
    Posts
    3
    Issues resolved!

    I found file /boot/config-2.4.24-xfs, which I assume has
    the options of the stock kernel. It does have a line:
    CONFIG_PARPORT_PC=m

    Also, I did dmesg | grep -i real, and I got
    Real Time Clock Driver v1.10e

    So, it seems I do not need to re-compile before trying
    VMWARE.

    Very Nice!

Similar Threads

  1. VMWare on Knoppix
    By bspengler in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-12-2005, 01:49 PM
  2. VMWare: VMWare Tools can not be installed
    By Josh83 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-17-2005, 06:47 PM
  3. Knoppix-3.4 and Vmware-4.0.5
    By Ish Rattan in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-20-2004, 04:49 AM
  4. Knoppix & VMware & LANs
    By bosspacman in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-06-2004, 01:42 PM
  5. Vmware Knoppix
    By biio in forum Ideas
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-01-2004, 06:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99



GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5 picture

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5

$189.99



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P picture

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P

$99.99



ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio picture

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio

$34.99



Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK picture

Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK

$154.99



ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU picture

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU

$45.00