-
Great, thanks a lot for the tips. I did not know there was that much RAM available. That should be exactly what I need.
I never thought of opening a console...actually I did not even know what the console was used for. Sorry but I am obviously pretty new to Linux, or any flavor of Unix for that matter. However, it sounds like opeining a console in Linux would be almost identical to using Terminal Services in Windows to log onto the same machine in a seperate session. I will be trying that one shortly.
Just an FYI Linux Defender is simply Knoppix 3.3 with some added functionality...NTFS Write support to be specific. However, I did find that it had more drivers available for my hardware.
Thanks again.
Similar Threads
-
By dugtrio85 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-29-2004, 10:14 PM
-
By djtwok in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-09-2004, 06:46 PM
-
By mldaalder in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-15-2003, 10:26 PM
-
By ThePatrioticDickhead in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-11-2003, 09:04 PM
-
By ihatemyusername in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-03-2003, 09:27 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

5 Allworx Verge 9312 VoIP IP Phone 12-Line Speakerphone Black RJ-45 MPN 8113120
$999.00

Yealink SIP-T44W VoIP Phone 12-Line Gigabit Speakerphone RJ-45 Gray/Black
$44.00

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

Grandstream GXP1782 8 Line HD IP Phone VoIP - New Open Box
$59.99